mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Toenail surgery excercise return (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/213405-toenail-surgery-excercise-return.html)

jerseygirl_i2icustom 09-13-2012 11:56 AM

Toenail surgery excercise return

Anyone out there ever had a toenail removed? If you have how long did it take you to be able to put your running shoes back on to get back to the gym?

I am jonsing for a workout but don't want to go back to early. Had it done on Sept 5, hoping to try to get back at it hopefully Friday, Sept 14 or Saturday.

p8ntninja 09-13-2012 12:23 PM

Not had a toe nail removed but I basically had my fingernail tore off when I was younger, very painful. Took a good 6months for the nail to FULLY grow back and be able to do anything without it being super tender. Hope that helps.

jerseygirl_i2icustom 09-13-2012 12:36 PM

6 months to grow back...@!$#@!$@!
Mine was a full removal so not growing back ever. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain and a self admitted gym addict. I actually cancelled this surgery twice so I would not miss gym time.

My routine is 5-6 days a week in the gym for 2 hours. Circuit training with cross fit and static holds making sure everything I do is also compound.

77monteballer 09-13-2012 12:49 PM

i had a nail torn off not too long ago. i dont remember being down for too long either... maybe a couple weeks? i know i was back to work in a few days but still a little sore. id give it a couple or three weeks to heal up before you start abusing your feet but that shouldnt stop you from doing some weights or maybe some time on a stationary bike.

Nicodemus 09-13-2012 12:55 PM

I had both of my big toe nails removed at the same time. Other than being bandaged up for a while. I don't recall it keeping me from doing anything once the bandages were off and I could put shoes back on. Take it easy at first I'd you do a lot of running or extensive cross fit training.

jerseygirl_i2icustom 09-14-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRumLive999 (Post 2473511)
I had both of my big toe nails removed at the same time. Other than being bandaged up for a while. I don't recall it keeping me from doing anything once the bandages were off and I could put shoes back on. Take it easy at first I'd you do a lot of running or extensive cross fit training.

Both?? crazy B! I live my life excessively. Going to try to go after work today as long as I can keep myself from stubbing it on anything or from anyone else stepping on it or rolling over it with their chair. The chair thing happened 2 days ago and he is about 250 lbs. :censored: :censored: I just wanted to :gunsfiring: him

jerseygirl_i2icustom 09-14-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 77monteballer (Post 2473508)
i had a nail torn off not too long ago. i dont remember being down for too long either... maybe a couple weeks? i know i was back to work in a few days but still a little sore. id give it a couple or three weeks to heal up before you start abusing your feet but that shouldnt stop you from doing some weights or maybe some time on a stationary bike.

:p Stationery bikes are for large people who don't know what else to do in a gym.
You know the type, they go once a week (maybe) just to be able to tell their friends that they go to a gym. They sit there texting....

I don't want to be like a "fat chick"

JLuke 09-14-2012 09:45 AM

Had both removed, healed over to where i could wear shoes and run normally in like a month. Took over a year for the nail to gro back normally, had this weird lump of toenail in the middle of my toenail area for the longest time before it started growing out normally. Havent't had another ingrown toenail since then and that was like 8 years ago.

Nicodemus 09-14-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLuke (Post 2474463)
Had both removed, healed over to where i could wear shoes and run normally in like a month. Took over a year for the nail to gro back normally, had this weird lump of toenail in the middle of my toenail area for the longest time before it started growing out normally. Havent't had another ingrown toenail since then and that was like 8 years ago.

Mine were ingrown too.

jerseygirl_i2icustom 09-17-2012 09:00 AM

So I ended up going to the gym Friday, with a big bandaid on it for protection. Just a bit of blood showed through. Saturday again, bleeding was not enough to show through the other side. Sunday, I decided to go Toe commando... very little blood.

I thought "hey I'm back"... Then I went to the bathroom, my Google android in my pocket.

BANG!!! it dropped on my toe. Lots of cussing and other nice adjectives.