mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 09-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

mpsd- thank you very much. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Question for you, if you are allowed to answer it:
Do you think from 8 on forward Windows is going to have a greater focus on touch screen vs mouse/touchpad? Or do you feel the bugs/awkwardness will be worked out for non-touch people as things go along?

I really don't like touch screen as an interface, so I'm trying to plan accordingly as my stuff gets older to the point of needing updates.

Thanks so much!

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
1- Try it but don't do it too briefly. Take some time with it and you will probably like it.
2- If you are planning on buying new hardware, wait to buy something with a touch-screen. It'll absolutely be worth the wait.

I do recommend it. And not only because I work there.
mpsd, you're doing great work. I now promote you to our marketing department.

- Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
mpsd- thank you very much. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Question for you, if you are allowed to answer it:
Do you think from 8 on forward Windows is going to have a greater focus on touch screen vs mouse/touchpad? Or do you feel the bugs/awkwardness will be worked out for non-touch people as things go along?

I really don't like touch screen as an interface, so I'm trying to plan accordingly as my stuff gets older to the point of needing updates.

Thanks so much!
I don't work for Microsoft but I doubt all future Windows OS's will focus more on touchscreens and tablets because of the versatility and widespread use of mice and keyboards everywhere, from the home to various industries.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Oldbie

I've had it on my Netbook for a long time, thankfully I don't use that much. I've been telling everyone to avoid it like the plague but, to be honest, at least the plague has the decency to kill you and end your misery.
HyperU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I've been playing with it on and off for a month or so now and I can't decide if I like it or not. I think I can get users to the metro start screen since I don't use it much, but the one thing that bugs me is that pressing the Windows key doesn't always bring you to "start", or your desktop. Honestly if I can work from the traditional desktop, and the tiles were the new tart I think I would be ok with it. As it tandem right now though its slowing my productivity. It does looks like it might be a cool phone/tablet OS though. However that won't mean squat unless its as customized as Android.

As I see it now the market is split. Ios for those who just want something to work, and Android for the people who like to tinker. If win8 is going to make a run at either side it had better be Damn good coming out of the gate or its going to be passed by just like the last phones were.
Art Of Pump

Next up:
SPE 2014
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

Honestly I wish they didn't call it Windows 8... it makes consumers think it's a must-get upgrade to their PCs to replace the totally excellent and perfectly capable Windows 7. I see no reason whatsoever to change OS for some time to come, unless new control and processing interfaces develop that require it. It should have been called Windows S or something.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

I'll pass. It's the "skip" OS for me.
Win98 - Good
WinME - skip
WinXP - Good
Vista - Skip
Win7 - Good
Win8 -
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser666 View Post
I did feel the need to touch the screen whenever the start screen came up, but the computer it was on wasn't touch enabled

I think it will be a great Tablet OS, but desktop adoption will be limited.
It's Microsoft's thing. Every other OS is great. Windows 9 will kick ***

Optimize 8 for tablet hardware and make a run at the market. People will like being able to use their tablet as a proper PC but also have a touchscreen UI.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
I'll pass. It's the "skip" OS for me.
Win98 - Good
WinME - skip
WinXP - Good
Vista - Skip
Win7 - Good
Win8 -
I'm with this guy I use XP with the first duel core 05 pentium D it eats power supply's(3 so far) but works good unless i want to try to use acvhd witch seems useless on the XP OS.
arjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Licensed idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
For a jew who works for Microsoft, reading this was pretty disturbing to say the least.

I do recommend it. And not only because I work there.
As a Polish person that had history disappear around 1939, I see no reason for you to be offended. I hate when jews try to play the victim...

And then Israel wants millions of dollars from POLAND, the country that lost just about everything and got occupied.
*irrelevant*

As mentioned before, Microsoft has a pattern of getting people to upgrade and making bank over a terrible OS.

I also have had absolutely no motivation to touch windows 8, just like I had no motivation to touch Vista. Be happy with your OS and ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH

B-17 feedback
B-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Hates the Media

Fan of EMR
Shouldn't be called Windows 8 - more designed for a tablet than s a primary OS for a Desktop/laptop.

Windows 7 is just fine, I see no reason to upgrade.
Tuff is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in