mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I feel ya JLuke. I am a gaming noob by most standards and this game makes me angry. My high score is so low I won't even admit it But it is fun watching my crew die horrible, fiery deaths!

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #32 (permalink)

Just picked it up and am thrilled with the game so far. I have quite a ways to go before I am proficient though.
Maximilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

My friend gifted this to me on Steam. It's a very sweet little game so far. I'm sure it will consume many hours, cause I'm horrible at it so far. My first encounter I died, no one said anything about being boarded before. Nothing in the tutorial at all, everyone died and I had no idea what to do other than open the airlocks. I don't think that worked at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Fighting in the Medical bay is a possible last-resort option. Makes for another good reason to upgrade it, beyond the options it provides for certain encounters once improved.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #35 (permalink)
Post Whore

I had a great little run on easy with an Engi ship. Those drones and the ion gun work pretty well together. Made a killing on scrap and upgraded everything. Still couldn't beat the last ship tho.
Quote:
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

Bought it today... and haven't been able to stop playing.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #37 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunman_2000 View Post
I had a great little run on easy with an Engi ship. Those drones and the ion gun work pretty well together. Made a killing on scrap and upgraded everything. Still couldn't beat the last ship tho.
Did you get the upgrade and train a boarding party?

Did you get any other weapons besides drones? The 4-second recharge Ion is enough to shut down any shielding. Makes the Engi ship one of the easiest for that fight because taking down shields enables most other weapons to become effective - especially beams.

You need timed cloaking or defense drones / high evasion to survive the period super-attack.

Your description was a bit strange - usual end-fight losses are due to being under-geared / under-funded.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Bought this game on Steam for $5 and I'm loving it. So far longest and best run is with the Kestral (got to Sector 6). Unlocked the Engie ship and JUST unlocked the Zoltan ship (haven't had a chance to play with it yet.)

They could use a bit more tutorial or better instructions (are there any?) I was having a really great run and had to give up. I assumed, like some other roguelikes I play (Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup and NetHack) that just quitting saves the game (IIRC.) I lost the run because I didn't realize you had to hit ESC to save and quit.

I did have a bit of trouble when I tried to run it fullscreen. When it started my screen went dark and I got a " signal out of monitor range" message. I had to figure out how to edit the .ini file (not as intuitive on a Mac as a Win machine.)

All in all I'm loving it and I hope the developers continue to work one it and come up with more encounters and make it longer. Lots of roguelikes are PACKED with different possibilities and are quite long (again, DC:SS and Nethack.)
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'll describe my failure a bit better when I get home this weekend. I kept the ion gun and maxed both drones as best I could (and an anti personal drone for boarders). Just wasn't quite good enough or lucky enough to get better gear. Had the cloak but no boarding party.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #40 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Oh the randomness. played one playthrough to the last sector and unlocked the rock ship AND the zoltan ship.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in