mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #41 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I just wanted to mention to anyone who enjoyed this game there has been an update adding a bunch of new content. Good stuff!
Finnigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #42 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

omg that update is amazing dude. everything is overhauled and so much new stuff! great if you want it to be harder too
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #43 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
I like the updates, and damn this game is still brutal on me, it'll constantly throw a curve ball at me that kills me in one mission. Got all the way to the 5th or 6 galaxy on the zoltan cruizer, didn't even lose one block of my hull, suddenly get boarded by 4 rock dudes while getting burnt from the sun, crew was killed before my FTL could even charge.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
For boardings I usually move a bunch of crew to the med bay, one to door controls then open all empty compartments to space. It forces the intruders to come to you whiole softening them up at the same time, then while in the med bay you heal and they don't.

This tactic also did NOT work when I was boarded by one of the new race that doesn't need air. To top it off he sucks the air out of the room if you try to fight him.

Something I just thought to try against them though is opening all the doors to see if I can slow his air consumption down.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnigan View Post
For boardings I usually move a bunch of crew to the med bay, one to door controls then open all empty compartments to space. It forces the intruders to come to you whiole softening them up at the same time, then while in the med bay you heal and they don't.

This tactic also did NOT work when I was boarded by one of the new race that doesn't need air. To top it off he sucks the air out of the room if you try to fight him.

Something I just thought to try against them though is opening all the doors to see if I can slow his air consumption down.

Yes, I believe that's the rock race lol, they're immune to fire as well, unless the game just decided to not make the fire do damage to intruders. I usually just open the doors like that, so when they do get to me they're weakened, only issue with the zoltan ship is there is only one airlock and it's hard to route it through the ship quickly, takes forever to suck the air out.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Memento mori.

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
I think the rock guys still need air. It is a new race that actually sucks the air out of the room.

At one point I actually kept from repairing a hull breach in an empty room just to have more access to vacuum.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Damn, I forgot about that trick, did one playthrough where i did that, just left everything open to space aside from essential rooms.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #48 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
putting money into blast doors early is a worthy investment.

I have 39 hours in this game and I love it.

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Honestly? the best way to handle boarding is to send your whole crew to their ship instead (or you know, a bunch). Also, keep a guy in the door room with one upgrade installed so you're at max door strength and can repair em, open those airlocks, and have at er.

Yea, I rock the mantis layout B (4 person teleporter FTW). tough to get started with since you can't effectively board the unmanned ships and you start with no actual weapons, but you can always run away or fire off boarding drone

I tried the cloning on that ship a while ago: damn. it's pretty amazing being able to send fresh guys in for free, and let your others fight to the death, but not being able to heal sucks. would be cool mixed with a heal weapon (or the DNA stores which protect you from skills loss and crewmember loss from system failure).

so many ways to play this game, it's nuts. switch your style up often for the most fun

Last edited by ApoC_101; 04-29-2014 at 08:51 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Deadmeat99

CCM Fan
I recently got sucked into this game as well. Between this and Minecraft I may not remember to play paintball this summer.....

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Deadmeat99 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in