mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   FTL: Faster Than Light: Extremely Rad. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/213721-ftl-faster-than-light-extremely-rad.html)

ApoC_101 09-17-2012 01:38 PM

FTL: Faster Than Light: Extremely Rad.

This game is awesome and you should probably get it if you like space games... it's basically perfect and it's only 10 bucks. Great game mechanics, permadeath makes it challenging and exciting, and replay value is very high. I was extremely annoyed last night when I had to stop playing and sleep before work in the morning. Also, the music is badass.

FTL: Faster Than Light

ApoC_101 09-17-2012 02:44 PM

Gamespys review is quite good and touches on the really great traits of this game:

GameSpy: FTL: Faster Than Light Review - Page 1

I didn't agree with the reviewers feelings about the music, I found it picked up at the right times and really set the ambience I was looking for... Everything else was bang on. Read the review and play this freakin game!!!

Flint 09-18-2012 07:23 PM

That game is bloody hard.
But i gotta say after finally finishing it (actually twice, with different ships), i dont really see any reason to replay it...
unlockable ships, are not that different to justify the effort of getting them.

I turned the Engi cruiser into a Destroyer with drone support (full shields, ion+burst+hermes, anti ship + defense drones) and then did the same with the puny humie ship.
Result = thorough trouncing of the boss x2. Didnt even bother with the federation cruiser. (or the Zoltan cruiser... That one is for masochists.)

ApoC_101 09-18-2012 07:30 PM

The Engi ship is pretty badass, the layout is great... I unlocked the Stealth and looking forward to a challenging play with that. Honestly as far as replay goes: I foresee LOTS:

1-this game just came out and has a ton of financial backing and a big community waiting for more
2-people are already making serious mods for it, thanks to a very simple engine and coding, custom content including ships, encounters, new sectors, new style of play, you name it
3-its simple, and easily refined and improved :D

Flint 09-18-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApoC_101 (Post 2478794)
The Engi ship is pretty badass, the layout is great... I unlocked the Stealth and looking forward to a challenging play with that. Honestly as far as replay goes: I foresee LOTS:

1-this game just came out and has a ton of financial backing and a big community waiting for more
2-people are already making serious mods for it, thanks to a very simple engine and coding, custom content including ships, encounters, new sectors, new style of play, you name it
3-its simple, and easily refined and improved :D

Yeah, it looks like it might get some nice mods, that basically the only thing im hoping for.

Sneaky Sir 09-19-2012 05:14 AM

Only $9 on steam right now for two more days, downloading right now, probably won't sleep tonight :)

Vegard 09-19-2012 07:46 AM

Theme hospital in space?

Sneaky Sir 09-19-2012 10:03 AM

This game is ridiculously hard, even on easy settings

ApoC_101 09-19-2012 01:47 PM

nah, you just gotta get used to the micro required to keep your ship alive. I make it to sector 8 no problem on normal, the problem is making it to and through the boss completely without dying. I have not done it yet on normal. I only played easy to get warmed up and get some unlocks (got the Red-Tail last night, it is SICK).

Flint 09-19-2012 08:04 PM

Lol, i didnt even bother playing on easy.