mcarterbrown.com
 

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Fox
 
BenoitOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, QC

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Why is banana not recommended?

I heard in many places not to eat banana's to lose weights, what is the real story behind it? I do like to take half a day.
__________________
Currently a dealer for:
Rap4(Pending) / Ninja Paintball / Avratech patch / Alumagrips / TechT
Distributor from:
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
ksciupider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I heard banana's and sprite is a really good mix
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
They always get moody after you try to **** with them.
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/
 
JLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lafayette, La

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
oh yes, eat two then a whole 2 liters of sprite :P
__________________
Feedback


I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
ksciupider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NC

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Jluke, You know what will happen
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party View Post
They always get moody after you try to **** with them.
Now what's a cocker?
Women are a lot like Pokemon, it doesn't matter how good you are, You cant catch any if you don't have any balls.

Ksciupider's Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
ksciupider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm
 
Stilgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North of 49

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Bananas are high in sugar. It's fructose and natural but if you are trying to loose weight then it's better to avoid the extra sugar.

Half a banana won't hurt you much though and they are very good to eat after endurance type workouts. Running, biking, swimming...

High in potassium too! Good for muscles!
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Send a message via MSN to Uticus

I've started using an app on my phone called myfitnesspal. Basicially it lets you log you daily foods and it adds up the calories. It gives you a calorie intake goal based on your current weight, one of 4 job activity levels, and how much you want to lose a week, and you can see how you are doing compared to your daily goal. You can also add your workouts to it to be have that quantity subtracted from your daily intake, effectively increasing the amount you can eat on those days.

The reason I went through all that is foods like bananas that are high in sugars are easy to get carried away on, and because they are generally healthy we don't think of them as high in calories. (another bad one for me I found was carrots) When you add them in the app it keeps track of that for you and shows you how many calories you have left for the day. So far keeping track of it this way has worked for me, I lost 8 pounds in the past two weeks, but I have to stay on top of it, or its still easy to over eat.
Uticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Fox
 
BenoitOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada, QC

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Im sure my 1/2cup pre-made fruit smoothie + 1/2cup cranberry juice shoud be worse? They are respectively 29-25grams sugar per cup and natural.

I do a greek yogurt snack with half banana and half an avocado.
What the correct sugar dose we can take per day? Most of mine is natural too and generally speaking doesn't go after candy like I used to.
__________________
Currently a dealer for:
Rap4(Pending) / Ninja Paintball / Avratech patch / Alumagrips / TechT
Distributor from:
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Don't eat yellow bananas, they have a lot more sugar in sugar form, which your body absorbs very quickly.

Instead, eat greener bananas; I'm not saying eat it while it's GREEN green, but right as it starts to turn a little yellow. It still has almost the same amount of potassium as a yellow banana, but instead of sugar, you have lots of starch that has yet to be converted into sugar by the ripening process. However, it's a special starch that doesn't break down quickly, which means it goes through your small intestine and straight to your poo chute.

Also, certain chemicals inside greener bananas help strengthen digestive cells so they absorb more nutrients.

So as you can see, I like bananas...
__________________
Review/Leave Feedback Here
towerofcards.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm
 
Stilgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North of 49

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by towerofcards.19 View Post
Don't eat yellow bananas, they have a lot more sugar in sugar form, which your body absorbs very quickly.

Instead, eat greener bananas; I'm not saying eat it while it's GREEN green, but right as it starts to turn a little yellow. It still has almost the same amount of potassium as a yellow banana, but instead of sugar, you have lots of starch that has yet to be converted into sugar by the ripening process. However, it's a special starch that doesn't break down quickly, which means it goes through your small intestine and straight to your poo chute.

Also, certain chemicals inside greener bananas help strengthen digestive cells so they absorb more nutrients.

So as you can see, I like bananas...

Cool! did not know that.
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Blue - Red
 
Talfuchre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006

CCM Fan
http://youtu.be/Ei0lv8f9GJo

I know this girl - if it is bad for her - I don't see it.

Freelee TV



TF
__________________
Pumpenstein - NSA National Champions

TF's MCB Trust.

Last edited by Talfuchre; 09-18-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC