mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-25-2012, 01:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

I believe the opitcal port is just an input, at least that's the way it is on my Astro A40's mixamp.

*edit*
You could run a splitter from the headphone output and run that into your speakers along with the headphones. There's also headphone pre amps intended for music recording that might work for you, with multi inputs/outputs. There's this for single input, multi output. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HA400/
We use this in our personal small home recording studio, 2 inputs, 8 outputs with panning abilities. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HA400/

Last edited by uniwersel; 10-25-2012 at 01:31 AM.
uniwersel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
OOOOOH!!!

Got an email back about how the telme people suggest I do two headphones and:

"Dear Michael,
Thank you for your interest in TosBlue.
With the next version of TosBlue – TosBlue II – it is possible to listen with 2 headsets at the same time.
This upgraded product will be available around December 1.
The cost – including freight will be USD 69,- (The current one cost USD 64,-.)

As of today we are sold out of the current version of the product. The deal is that if you order and pay ahead of December 1 – your price will be the old one – USD 64,-

I am looking for your order – thank you – and have a nice day.

Best regards,
Erlend Brekke TELME2 AS

Mail: erlend@telme2.com
web: TelMe2 - Innovative Audio Products
Web shop: Telme2
Phone: +47 997 00 667"

on a side note...
Apparently my tv does not like sending both hdmi signals(xbox and blueray) out the optical output. But it works if I change my xbox to composite in to the tv.

Also neither my xbox nor the blueray player want to log in to the wireless...but all the phones,ipad, laptops have been working okay...
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
So I paid for one of these duel bluetooth adapters and it should be coming in december. Very excited, hope it works so I can run two of the arctic headphones out of the tv's digital output.

I did buy the turtle beach xp400, it's dual band freq so it doesn't interfere with my router. It's very nice, but I'm not sure I'm completely sold on it's price yet. I might return it.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundadun View Post
So I paid for one of these duel bluetooth adapters and it should be coming in december. Very excited, hope it works so I can run two of the arctic headphones out of the tv's digital output.

I did buy the turtle beach xp400, it's dual band freq so it doesn't interfere with my router. It's very nice, but I'm not sure I'm completely sold on it's price yet. I might return it.

i registered just to ask how it has worked out for you so far. i am interested in the TosBlue II too but there is hardly any info about user experience out there that i can find.
xyz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
Havnt recieved it yet. Hopefully soon
Old 12-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

i've since learned something about it that isnt good news (in my situation anyway). basically my tv only outputs dolby digital via toslink. theres no option in the menu system to change to PCM. i contacted telme2 about their device and got a confirmation that their tosblueII doesnt support dolby digital. so i've basically reached a dead end. i still would be interested in hearing about how well it works, when it arrives.
xyz0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I just bought a set of Turtle Beach PX3s. Not my ideal choice, but after Employee Appreciation Day at work (EBGames/Gamestop) and a nice pile of trades, I got them for $30 ($150 normally).

I've been really impressed with them, actually. Excellent range, good quality (Very 'general' sound, not bass-oriented like a lot of headphones), excellent mic, very comfortable. Only complaint is battery life is shorter than I'd like (About 10 hours)

Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
With a rifle in your hands and you're falling through the sky,
Glory, glory, what a hell of a way to die,
He ain't gonna jump no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
Nothing says "violent and insane" like sharpening a shotgun.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in