mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Riding recumbent

We have been on the lookout for a recumbent bike for the past year or so for the wife to use. I found a Catrike Road on sale locally. It is a recumbent tadpole, two wheels up front and one in the back. You sit about a foot off the road, very low, very stable. This model has the 9s rear end for a total of 27 gears.

I have been riding DF for several years and really enjoy it. The exercise has done wonders for me having lost over 120#, gone from stage 2 hypertension to pre-hypertension, and my resting pulse rate is now in the high 40's. We picked this bike up for Mrs. 'cat and I have been riding it over the last couple of days to "shake out" mechanical issues. It was practically a brand new bike and the person we bought if from couldn't have gone five miles on it. The minor issues I have corrected would have been taken care of, if so. I have found that I REALLY enjoy riding it. It is so comfortable and so fun, just a blast to ride. It is like riding in a little sport car coming down a hill....going UP on the other hand, well...

I look forward to many hours of enjoyment for myself and the wife with this new purchase. I hope she enjoys it as much as I think she will.

Catrike - Makers of High End Recumbent Trikes in the USA
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

dude, that thing looks awesome! i cant begin to imagine how fun that would be down hill...
Dallas NotoRious #77
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Mich View Post
So very tempting. Let me weigh the cost/benefits between paying rent or buying a _____.
Big Daddy Cool is watching you...

feedback-here
feedback-CC
feedback-PbN
77monteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've had several recumbents thanks to a bad back. There is nothing more enjoyable than a trike, SO MUCH FUN. Check out 'BentRider Online, great online forum. Cattrikes are awesome, always wanted one.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12439
Dave Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in