mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
I gave it an "Alright". That said my standards are pretty high.
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
I really like it BUT, I'm not sure I like the bit about trying to encourage a non-lethal approach to the missions. The more people you kill, the darker the game becomes. This is interesting and poses some deeper choices and has really made me think about whether I choke a guy out or cut his head off. However, Corvo is a bad mofracka with supernatural powers and some great combat skills, so am I really to blame if I want to use his skills? The previews of the game showed him slicing through everyone, not really sneaking around.

I laid waste to the entire first level before I knew about the non-lethal perks so I'm kinda stuck on the high chaos level. For those who don't know, the game has different endings depending on how you behave in the game too. Stealth is fun sometimes and I'm sure there are those that love stealth games, but I prefer to just assasinate fools. I spent almost two hours sneaking through one mansion and kept getting seen by a maid or a dog who would alert everyone. After repeated saving and reloading to try and get by this area I finally went bezerk and slaughtered every man, woman, and dog in the building. So, yeah I'm pretty sure I'm headed for the darker ending...

Overall it's awesome. I'd like to see the graphics improved though. Definitely pick this up if you are an assassins creed or hitman fan.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

graphics improved???? WTF. go home! I'm so sick of super-high-res-textured-high-definition bull****.... this game looks AMAZING the way it is. I would change nothing... thank god the developers kept their standards and artistic style to the game
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Not the artistic style, I'm cool with that and digging it. I meant like make the graphics sharper. Not asking for photorealism, just higher sharpeness, and quality of the graphics. It looks like I'm running it on low settings when the hardware (I'm playing it on PS3) can do better.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
I like the graphics. It's not buggy and doesn't make me spent 10 hours researching and modifying drivers to get Crossfire support. It's perfect as is
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

AGREED! exactly! no tweaks required... framerates excellent... visual satisfaction delivered alongside a problem-free and immersive game experience = win
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Idk, the game just doesn't pull me in the way I expected it to. Skyrim I couldn't leave the computer. Uncharted (all of them) I would play until my body shut down and I couldn't go any more. Even Assassin's Creed does it to me. For whatever reason I just don't have the same experience with Dishonored despite it being a very good game. I have no problem calling it a night and putting on TV till I fall asleep.

Even Sleeping Dogs was more immersive to me

Last edited by StJimmy666; 10-17-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Just finished it...kind of disappointed, final mission has NO challenge IMO, and just felt like there was a missing climax or something. Played on normal difficulty, sneaking through.

^^I agree about the graphics, usually I could care less, but the sharpness of everything really felt blah, not awful, but not really up to AAA game par.
fullofpaint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
To each his own I guess. Still a good game. Found this today...

Old 10-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

So, can you go the game without killing anyone? Even the "targets"? I did the non violent version of the Overseer, and it was interesting, using blink to jump from chandeleer to chandeleer.

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in