mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

I prefer the open worlds of AC myself, but I understand they are different games. Both are pretty awesome in my opinion. AC is more free-running fun, while Dishonored is more immersive and gloomy.

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

Really? I feel way more drawn into AC worlds. Maybe it's just cause I'm a history buff, but I loved the worlds they make (excluding the 1st one). The newest I think particularly is cool, because I've been/lived near some of those places.
fullofpaint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
Really? I feel way more drawn into AC worlds. Maybe it's just cause I'm a history buff, but I loved the worlds they make (excluding the 1st one). The newest I think particularly is cool, because I've been/lived near some of those places.
I was very put off by the first one, i felt its a very poorly made port, with very broken gameplay, plus the game had numerous glaring historical mistakes, that at some point started to feel, intentional.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

The first was awful, no arguments here. The rest of the series has much improved gameplay, to the point it's worth just ignoring the first one (IMO). As far as historical accuracy goes, I was never well versed in the Crusades, so I can't remmeber anything off hand. The rest of the series though does a pretty good job of blending together history and it's own fiction.
fullofpaint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
The first was awful, no arguments here. The rest of the series has much improved gameplay, to the point it's worth just ignoring the first one (IMO). As far as historical accuracy goes, I was never well versed in the Crusades, so I can't remmeber anything off hand. The rest of the series though does a pretty good job of blending together history and it's own fiction.
Not specifically tied to the Crusades, but cities are missing prominent features or parts of the cities, famous monuments given a look, that they achieved much later, and topography along with scale is changed to suit the designers (this one i do understand, but it could have been much more subtle)
Jerusalem had plenty "wrong" in it. Other cities too.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #46 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Yep. Hit Wikipedia for the summary of AC and start with AC2
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #47 (permalink)
Release the kraken

I bought a steam keys for dishonored and x-com for $15 two weeks ago, installed them and kept on playing my go-to games. (Men of war assault squad and wargame:EE).

Only recent game I've finished has been the superb Max Payne 3.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #48 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

i just got off the first little boat and jumped around. i accidentally landed on some guy's head.

YOU HAVE COMMITTED A CAPITAL OFFENSE!!

i like this game already!

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mind Detonator

such a great game.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

can anyone who natural looking characters in their games just stop using the unreal engine? EVERYBODY'S hair looks like a huge chunk of plastic...

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in