mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

well i finished the game. despite the glitches.

i think besides the glitch-respawning of sleeping targets, the game also deliberately spawns new guards into an area, triggered by when you reach a certain point. i find that very bad and unfair. they should just all spawn when you enter the map (like the original deus ex), and stay dead/sleeping when you knock them out. if the developers wanted them to be awakened at least they should be awakened by other guards like in metal gear solid, instead of teleporting and respawning like they do right now.

the worst is that at least in one review the enemies spawned right in front of the player: Dishonored reviewed: The game that the industry needs, and that players deserve games.on.net

the way it is right now, all that glitching and respawning, ruins the see-through-walls power. that whole idea is to allow you to plan ahead with no surprises and the glitches and surprise spawnings take that away from you, making the power feel not worthwhile.

the ending is meh. just a few frozen stills... game it self would have been fun if it was glitch free. kinda sad to clear a whole area only to have the game undo all the work as a cheap way to bump up difficulty. developers were slacking.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

hmm, I never noticed this when I played it through, that sucks. I didn't play with zero fatalities though... too tempting to use my not-so-less-lethal gear from time to time
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member

I had none of those glitches, nor guards respawning, and i played zero fatalities.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
I had none of those glitches, nor guards respawning, and i played zero fatalities.
well, i'd record it happening, but i already uninstalled the game...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Granted I'm not playing on PC but I've never had any of those issues either. Now, I've seen Watchmen find their sleeping compatriots and wake them up, but I've never seen any evidence of random respawning before, and my strategy most of the time is to clear whatever building I'm in, stack all the unconscious bodies in a closet somewhere, and then go about my business exploring/searching for loot. Never had anyone come back unless they were found and awakened by a buddy (and you can normally hear that if you're within earshot "What are you doing? Get up!" or something to that effect).
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Granted I'm not playing on PC but I've never had any of those issues either. Now, I've seen Watchmen find their sleeping compatriots and wake them up, but I've never seen any evidence of random respawning before, and my strategy most of the time is to clear whatever building I'm in, stack all the unconscious bodies in a closet somewhere, and then go about my business exploring/searching for loot. Never had anyone come back unless they were found and awakened by a buddy (and you can normally hear that if you're within earshot "What are you doing? Get up!" or something to that effect).
wow. they actually wake up?

mine stay sleeping.

and like i said before, only 1 sleeper per trash can worked. i specifically remember it was clavering street past the 2nd wall of light, there would be a soldier circling a stack of crates on the scientist's home side of the street. there's a discreet flight of stairs past it, where if you walk down you would see 2 guards bullying a woman.

i knocked them both out to save her, threw both of them into the dumpster and they didn't respawn, but when i backtracked to the crates to take out that guard over there and dumped him back into the dumpster, i reopened the dumpster only to find 1 guard in there. i dumped the 3rd, crate, guard in and then went back to the crates and he was there again... went back to the dumpster and there was once again only 1 guard sleeping in it.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #67 (permalink)

Maybe it's something with the dumpsters then. I've used them to hide bodies before but not really sure if I've ever tried to put two in the same one before. Normally I'm content with hiding them off to the side behind boxes or something unless it's a super high traffic area.
FEEDBACK
Old 12-06-2012, 03:05 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
Maybe it's something with the dumpsters then. I've used them to hide bodies before but not really sure if I've ever tried to put two in the same one before. Normally I'm content with hiding them off to the side behind boxes or something unless it's a super high traffic area.
that's what i ended up having to do, hiding the bodies in discreet corners.

then the npc's start respawning WITHOUT the bodies disappearing first, so now they respawn and see them and freak out and i have "bodies found +1" for every sleeping guy

another minor thing, but i couldn't take the blinking ability seriously because its sound effect sounds like the roflcopter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boh92DrYEWs
Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #69 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I just started playing tonight and I just run up and kill everything I see and i've died LOTS; after reading this, I think I may be doing it wrong but i just don't have the patience to wait around for people to walk off or turn their backs.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #70 (permalink)

You can duke it out, but really, until the later stages of the game when you've had time to level up your powers and upgrade your weapons, it's not going to be easy.
FEEDBACK

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in