mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory
 
Crimson Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Clayton, NJ
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
What makes it dumb are the arguments I listed - and can probably list more. It's your choice to ignore the arguments and it's your choice to be insulted by what I wrote.

We can all enjoy chewing gum, which is fine as long as we don't pretend it's a gourmet first course or make it our diet.
I agree with just about everything you said. Let's just hope the mods people will come out with will "fix" it.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
acesn8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton, PA

So what's everyone's preferred strategy for captures? Do you equip a rookie with the Arc Thrower and toss them to the wolves with the understanding that if they die, "oh well"?
Do you give the Arc Thrower to an Assault class in the hopes that their skills will let you get closer?

I've been equipping my rookies with the Arc Thrower. They can't hit the broad side of a barn as it is. At least the Arc Thrower is about an 80% hit ratio.
__________________
Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again . . .
acesn8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory
 
Crimson Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Clayton, NJ
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesn8s View Post
So what's everyone's preferred strategy for captures? Do you equip a rookie with the Arc Thrower and toss them to the wolves with the understanding that if they die, "oh well"?
Do you give the Arc Thrower to an Assault class in the hopes that their skills will let you get closer?

I've been equipping my rookies with the Arc Thrower. They can't hit the broad side of a barn as it is. At least the Arc Thrower is about an 80% hit ratio.
I gave my whole team one. Cornered one of them shard guys in a ship and bum rushed him. Once you have Titan armor and chitin plating you can take 2-3 shots without a problem.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
the proper use of .50cal
 
Redcon-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Turlock, Ca

I have two tactics 1) as you stated before giving it to an Assault class and 2) pairing up an Assualt class with a Support with the Sprinter buff. The Assault uses the Run&Gun to soften the target up (to three HP or less) then the Support can shock away. But tactic 2 means I have to take two supports on a squad.
__________________
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer" Frank Zappa
Redcon-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #35 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory
 
Crimson Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Clayton, NJ
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcon-5 View Post
I have two tactics 1) as you stated before giving it to an Assault class and 2) pairing up an Assualt class with a Support with the Sprinter buff. The Assault uses the Run&Gun to soften the target up (to three HP or less) then the Support can shock away. But tactic 2 means I have to take two supports on a squad.
I have 2 support 2 assault 1 sniper 1 heavy.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
fullofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western MA

My buddy showed me today, if you change a team members name to Ken Levine (bioshock producer) or Sid Meier (Civ creator), you can turn him into a super soldier. I think there's more like this but I forgot the others.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #37 (permalink)
Fortune and Glory
 
Crimson Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Clayton, NJ
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
My buddy showed me today, if you change a team members name to Ken Levine (bioshock producer) or Sid Meier (Civ creator), you can turn him into a super soldier. I think there's more like this but I forgot the others.
Yea but then you can't get any of the achievements!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
fullofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western MA

Ahh, he didn't mention that!
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #39 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
acesn8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Northampton, PA

Anyone use the one time bonuses for their Interceptors? Do they help in any significant way?

I'm not having any success shooting down UFOs, so I can't get enough alloys, Elerium, etc to research the new Interceptor replacement, Elerium Generator, and other cool stuff.
__________________
Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again . . .
acesn8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
mcgral18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sudbury, ON
Send a message via MSN to mcgral18

I use the aim, when I get the chance. You get 2 guaranteed hits, so I find it worth it.
__________________
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

An AK will not be stopped by a ham sandwich.
mcgral18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC