mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevefe View Post
Web site says 1.5 million raised.
indeed, but there's also their kickstarter. we're getting close to 2.25 million now.

in other news, rock, paper, shotgun did a nice interview. part one is here, and part two is here. enjoy!
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

just passed 2.3 million 30 minutes ago. expanded stretch goals are up on the rsi website and the kickstarter (more info is here).

it looks like we'll hit the 750K kickstarter stretch goal (repair bot) on monday, and the 2.5M main stretch goal (new bomber) on tuesday. if you haven't already, check out the spectrum dispatches for some universe fiction and the time capsule for some universe backstory.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gobble Gobble...

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
This should be great. The idea of combining what made Wing Commander and Privateer great games during their time with the advances in PC technology we've seen lately could make for something pretty exciting.
HokiePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Looks promising, thank you for the thread!

Adding it to my watchlist.
Tenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
Looks promising, thank you for the thread!

Adding it to my watchlist.
yeah, i'm sure they'll be posting some goodies on their website...i'll keep the thread updated as it comes along. i think people are most interested in new gameplay videos that show off the active hud, and concept artwork of the ships.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

alright:
  • we broke 2.5 million last night at 8pm et, so the game will launch with an additional ship: the anvil aerospace gladiator (it's a bomber). ten lucky backers will get one for free.
  • we've broken the 750,000 stretch goal on kickstarter long ago, so now everyone who has backed gets a free repair bot.
  • there is a live chat feature that was added to the rsi website if you want to chat amongst your "star citizens".
  • finally, chris roberts will be answering questions again on reddit in 20 minutes from now (1pm et). i'll update with a link when it goes live (presumably he'll be there all day). get those questions ready!

the reddit ama is now over, but there are plenty of answers to go through!

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 11-01-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

It's been a while, but we're coming down to the final few days. Here's a goofy video from Chris Roberts:

Here's the latest rundown:

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 11-15-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

damn, that is some exciting plans so far

also, I NEVER say this: I may have to build a new pc AND buy a high end monitor if this game goes as planned... it's essentially the space game I've waited two decades for (nearly 20 years since my first favourite space game, Privateer). I will also not be seen online for quite some time, probably take time off my day job, and buy a really big bag of... never mind

basically, this game is going to ruin my life LOL

edit: oh yea, it's funny cause, this game is called "Star" Citizen... but I'll be like, the worst citizen ever, in real life...

Last edited by ApoC_101; 11-15-2012 at 04:38 PM.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

haha! well, you have a year until the multiplayer alpha starts before that happens, right? :P

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 11-15-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammar!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

perfect, I was already planning to retire in a year anyways
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in