mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
also, I NEVER say this: I may have to build a new pc AND buy a high end monitor if this game goes as planned... it's essentially the space game I've waited two decades for (nearly 20 years since my first favourite space game, Privateer).
I don't like you any more. People like you keep reminding me that I'm now considered old.

Also, I really need to spend less time looking at stuff on Kickstarter. Seems to be really messing up the modern economic process, by which I give money and in exchange I receive stuff to play with then and there. I don't back a lot on kickstarter, but I do have this bad habit of forgetting what I have backed between the time it funds and the time stuff gets released.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Post Whore

ign article is here! 18 pages of constellation goodness.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Looking pretty good, can't wait!

is it out yet?
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

crazy amount of updates...i almost feel bad for the CIG team (lol, not really). more ships, more tiers, more add-ons, shirts TBA tomorrow, and a 24-hour marathon live stream party for the last 24 hours of the campaign! crazy!!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pledged. Here is to a well done support of multiple monitors. If it will be good, ill be getting a 3rd monitor.
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

I don't know, I kind of hope they don't do great support of more than two monitors. If they do, this game will get expensive, as I will likely want to go with another pair of Dell U2410's and then a custom mount to support them. Then there is the problem of the graphics card to drive those three, plus a fourth smaller 20" for system monitoring/alerts.

Game is likely going to cost me enough in missed time at work as it is.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
I don't know, I kind of hope they don't do great support of more than two monitors. If they do, this game will get expensive, as I will likely want to go with another pair of Dell U2410's and then a custom mount to support them. Then there is the problem of the graphics card to drive those three, plus a fourth smaller 20" for system monitoring/alerts.

Game is likely going to cost me enough in missed time at work as it is.
Like it wont make you buy one of those Saitek Pro Flight setups already... Or the Thrustmaster ones.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

Alright people, we are at the final 24 hours of this campaign! We currently stand at 4.75 MILLION dollars pledged, with 5+ million in our sights. If anyone wants to pledge, but hasn't done so yet, you can use a friend's referral link (here's mine) to get an extra 250 credits and a chance to win some swag. If you pledged on the kickstarter page, you can still enter to win. you'll be sent a survey at the end of the funding period asking if anyone recruited you (my rsi name is the same.. Cyco-Dude ). If you've already pledged on the rsi website and you want 250 more credits and a change to win some swag, click on the "your account" link at the top and enter my (or a friends, whatever) e-mail or user name into the referrer box. It's the last day to win some cool stuff; get it while you can.

Additionally, there are a number of limited-time add-ons as well as some other goodies, so check them out! I'm linking to the kickstarter post to take some load off of the RSI website. It's getting hammered right now, so please be patient!

You'll still be able to pledge after this initial crowd-funding is over. If you pledge now though, you'll be able to upgrade your pledge at a later date in case you really want something but don't have all the cash now. There will be a live-stream marathon going until the campaign is over; I'll update with the relevant links when everything goes live!

ok, they're getting the streams set up now on ustream.
chris' stream
ben's stream
office stream
site that has all streams in one window
twitch tv re-stream with multiple stream and chat windows!

*UPDATE*
we've broken the 5 Million dollar milestone. unreal!

*UPDATE 2*
we've broken the 5.5 million dollar milestone at 6:25am et, and unlocked playable carriers, among other things. incredible. here are a couple of new videos:
early ai tests. ai ships attacking and defending a bengal carrier.
cool video showing early spaceport footage.

*UPDATE 3*
broke 6 million; every stretch goal is hit. there's still 75 minutes left to pledge too!

Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 11-19-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

And the final count is 6.2 mil.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

HOLY ****! that is one hell of a haul for video game crowd-sourcing!!! impressive
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in