mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Like it wont make you buy one of those Saitek Pro Flight setups already... Or the Thrustmaster ones.
Hardly...

I'm planning to spend the winter and next summer working on a custom control setup. On the fly graduation adjustment, possibly force feed back transition feathering (So that when you raise or lower how sensitive the control is, it pushes it to its new spot to maintain a similar input level), at least four independent throttles with additional controls for fuel mix, prop pitch, etc (Because if I'm putting a ton of effort into this control setup, then I want it to be usable to fly everything from a WWI bomber to the Death Star.)

Built in pedals with the desk and everything... Should be good.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Hardly...

I'm planning to spend the winter and next summer working on a custom control setup. On the fly graduation adjustment, possibly force feed back transition feathering (So that when you raise or lower how sensitive the control is, it pushes it to its new spot to maintain a similar input level), at least four independent throttles with additional controls for fuel mix, prop pitch, etc (Because if I'm putting a ton of effort into this control setup, then I want it to be usable to fly everything from a WWI bomber to the Death Star.)

Built in pedals with the desk and everything... Should be good.
But.. will it fit in one of these?

CCM Photographer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

No, but I'm planning to make most of it out of wood and brass. Possibly maple, haven't decided yet.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

for those that were having trouble in the rsi website during the last 48 hours, they are having a grace period where you'll be able to pledge (or purchase add-ons, or upgrade your current pledge) at the original tiers and prices until monday november 26th.
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Bump!!! Aaaand, I'm pledged with a Freelancer and Avenger. Stoked as **** for this game. Dogfighting module will be coming out in a month or so for those who have pre-ordered to test the combat mechanics, alpha will start early next year. Get in before all the spots are gone

Next personal investment: haswell pc rig with gtx 770 so I can actually play the game
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
Post Whore

heh, thread necro! i can't launch the hangar as my current card doesn't support directx 11! i'll probably wait for the next round of cpus to come out and get a new card then. in the meantime, 17.8 million dollars raised and counting! we'll probably hit 18 million by friday afternoon.

as for anyone new to star citizen, i strongly suggest reading through the comm link. i stopped updating this thread after the first 24-hour livestream, and as you can imagine there's been a lot done in the time between then and now. like a completely new website (with search field at the top!) and the downloadable hangar module where you can walk around in your hangar and look at your ship(s) in-engine.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Next round of cpu's are out now, the only upcomming is haswell-e which is hexacore extreme **** which is in the thousand dollar range. There may be an upgrade to current line of nvidia graphics between now and release but it will only be a minimal upgrade (10-20% performance, overclocking is a bigger margin). Best time to buy new hardware is when nobody else is... Prices are good right now (just built three new pcs in the last month for family etc, average 1200 per build for haswell i5s with gtx 770s)
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

ah, i should have been more specific...next round of amd cpus for socket am3+.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Walking Around A Hangar Is One The Best "Games" I've Played This Year

Star Citizen and X Rebirth.. It's nice to see the space sims making a comeback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNs1rdSkUi8
CCM Photographer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

so anyway, after installing a couple of files into my sc directory and updating windows as per this thread and then uninstalling ms visual c++, then reinstalling directx then reinstalling ms visual c++ as per this thread i am now able to run the hangar with my dx 10.1 card. neat!

also, if you have a small discount (and possibly business) hangar, if you buy a weapon from the voyager store your hangar will increase in size to make room for your new gear!

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in