mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't like the driving portions of this game since it's in first person, but I have to admit that certain races and sequences are really fun, especially when you're barreling downhill at top speed with little to no visibility due to bumpy roads and large amounts of foliage...
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Love this game, the thing I miss most from FC2 are the assassination missions. The "wanted" quests are ok, but having to kill the guy with a knife limits how you choose to take them on. They are also all stationary, whereas in FC2 there were some in vehicles (admittedly on fixed paths). I loved setting up massive C4 ambushes for those. The C4 and prox mine in FC3 are really limited in how useful they are. Love the hunting aspect of the game, wish they made it more difficult when you play the game on hard.
It would be nice if there were some kill the bad guy missions that were method optional. Depending on what I can see, I either pick off the support guys from a distance, or stay in the bushes and do takedowns. There was only once so far that I had to take on the leader and a helper because he was a heavy and I ran out of bullets for the 700.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Question about free roam after completing the main story.

Do the outposts ever revert back to enemy control after main story completion? Also, do all of the unlocks and weapons carry over to a new playthrough?
CCM Photographer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Barned

I'm about halfway through the campaign, and enemies on hoyts island are f*cking impossible to deal with. How do you guys get rid of heavies? The only way I can seem to is with c4, mines, or lots of bullets to the legs. Is there an easier way to take these guys out?

For my guy, I'm becoming somewhat of a takedown master. The only things I haven't unlocked in that area is the grenade takedown and the heavy beatdown.
I see an agglet and I want to paint it black...
...or yellow, orange, green; whatever the field paint is that day.
Bloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post
I'm about halfway through the campaign, and enemies on hoyts island are f*cking impossible to deal with. How do you guys get rid of heavies? The only way I can seem to is with c4, mines, or lots of bullets to the legs. Is there an easier way to take these guys out?

For my guy, I'm becoming somewhat of a takedown master. The only things I haven't unlocked in that area is the grenade takedown and the heavy beatdown.
Sniper to the back of the head. The first time I ran onto one in a group I dealt with him last and it took forever. The next times I took care of him first and he went down in a single shot. If he's alert to you he never turns around.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloop View Post

Only easy way to kill the heavies without explosives is a takedown or a sniper round to the back of the head.
Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Once you get the heavy beat down you can use the take down move to get the big guys. I always singled those guys out first. I like to try stealth as the first option by shooting or disabling alarms. If that isnt an option I open up from distance with sniper rifles and grenade launchers. The launcher takes care of the heavies and if not, I move in with the flamethrower as that burns em up good. My other weapon I carry is the desert eagle or the 44 for close in powerful quick shots.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I run around with the recurve bow, flare gun, one of the sniper rifles, and whatever assault rifle the baddies drop. the bow is much fun to use.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
The Z93 and it's variant, the AMR, both work great against heavies. One has a suppressor while the other uses explosive ammunition. Both are .50 cal and will one shot a heavy so take your pick.
CCM Photographer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rymzor View Post
The bow is much fun to use.
QFT!
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in