mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgral18 View Post
Doesn't it only take 3 arrows? Better to say don't tick a tiger off when you don't have higher ground. Of course, I'm sure a molotov could make short work of one.

But then you have a flaming tiger coming after you....

wasn't expecting a tiger at all
guess i hit the cage with something it caught me by surprise
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Modern Intel Guy

Haha worst/funniest parts of the game is when I have been sneeking up on an outpost to take over and I hear a roar and turn around to find a tiger or bear about 5 meters away from me and I'm like oh shii.... and then I pretty much die cuz I run with a bow and a silence pistol. yuuup.
InBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Yeah that sux! Blows all element of surprise when you are approaching the outpost.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBlack View Post
Haha worst/funniest parts of the game is when I have been sneeking up on an outpost to take over and I hear a roar and turn around to find a tiger or bear about 5 meters away from me and I'm like oh shii.... and then I pretty much die cuz I run with a bow and a silence pistol. yuuup.
Been there. Nothing ruins picking people off quietly like a big angry animal right behind you.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
That's why I always pack a flamethrower...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #56 (permalink)
BAZINGA PUNK!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to [MOOSE]

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
That's why I always pack a flamethrower...
Or a shotgun!
Long distance member of: Team Long Stroke (It's like a long distance relationship only better)
[MOOSE] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Flames seem to do them in quick. Plus you get the added bonus of setting outpost buildings on fire which really alarms the bad guys for some reason...
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #58 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Welp, finally beat this the other day. My impressions are...

The Good:

Free-roam is excellent, the radio towers/outpost changes from FC2 were exactly what the game needed IMO.

Good variety between stealth and non-stealth weaponry. I always felt FC2 really limited those who wanted to be super stealthy.

The Camera- scouting ahead is finally worth a damn

Takedowns are pretty fun and it was nice to have another option for dealing with Pyros/Heavies other than having to run around chucking grenades at them.

The "Meh":

Sometimes it felt like enemies could spot me too easily once alarmed. Ok, you just found a dead body, but it's night time and I'm well over 100 yards away in the brush with a silenced sniper rifle. How exactly do you instantly start detecting me when you didn't even see the guy hit the ground? Not a game-breaker, but definitely annoying.

Unlocking certain Signature Weapons through taking over outposts and collecting Memory cards (which were always in outposts)- what's the point of finally unlocking all the cool stuff when you hardly have anyone left to kill?

Graphics- I actually put in FC2 right before buying this just to remember what it was like and I have to say, FC3's graphics are actually worse... Granted, they had a lot more resources they had to devote to critters and other in-world things, so I can forgive it, but needless to say I was surprised in the downgrade of graphics.

The Bad:

I absolutely HATED the boss fights in this game. What's the point of leveling up all these awesome takedowns and modding your weaponry to suit your style when you get to a boss and have to follow a Simon or Dance Dance Revolution-esque keypad sequence that's featured nowhere else in the 40 hours of gameplay to kill them?

Voice acting by the main character and several others was just plain BAD.

Ending was kinda crappy. I won't elaborate to avoid spoilers but you make your choice and then there's not much explanation as to what happens to the characters after that. Kinda lame.

Overall I give it a solid B+. The hours of fun sneaking/stalking/sniping shennanigans make up for most of its flaws but the crappy boss fights really did take my enjoyment of the game down a peg. Just never felt satisfied with them. More like I was relieved I didn't have to watch the 30 second load screen to get killed in 5 seconds again.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

Unlocking certain Signature Weapons through taking over outposts and collecting Memory cards (which were always in outposts)- what's the point of finally unlocking all the cool stuff when you hardly have anyone left to kill?
The last FC3 patch added an option to reset outposts once you've captured all of them. I finished FC3 before this was added and there was absolutely nothing to do, glad to see this added.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post

The Good:

Free-roam is excellent, the radio towers/outpost changes from FC2 were exactly what the game needed IMO.

Good variety between stealth and non-stealth weaponry. I always felt FC2 really limited those who wanted to be super stealthy.

The Camera- scouting ahead is finally worth a damn

Takedowns are pretty fun and it was nice to have another option for dealing with Pyros/Heavies other than having to run around chucking grenades at them.

The "Meh":

Sometimes it felt like enemies could spot me too easily once alarmed. Ok, you just found a dead body, but it's night time and I'm well over 100 yards away in the brush with a silenced sniper rifle. How exactly do you instantly start detecting me when you didn't even see the guy hit the ground? Not a game-breaker, but definitely annoying.

Graphics- I actually put in FC2 right before buying this just to remember what it was like and I have to say, FC3's graphics are actually worse... Granted, they had a lot more resources they had to devote to critters and other in-world things, so I can forgive it, but needless to say I was surprised in the downgrade of graphics.

The Bad:

I absolutely HATED the boss fights in this game. What's the point of leveling up all these awesome takedowns and modding your weaponry to suit your style when you get to a boss and have to follow a Simon or Dance Dance Revolution-esque keypad sequence that's featured nowhere else in the 40 hours of gameplay to kill them?

Voice acting by the main character and several others was just plain BAD.

Ending was kinda crappy. I won't elaborate to avoid spoilers but you make your choice and then there's not much explanation as to what happens to the characters after that. Kinda lame.

Overall I give it a solid B+. The hours of fun sneaking/stalking/sniping shennanigans make up for most of its flaws but the crappy boss fights really did take my enjoyment of the game down a peg. Just never felt satisfied with them. More like I was relieved I didn't have to watch the 30 second load screen to get killed in 5 seconds again.
I have pretty much the exact same thoughts on the game. Overall, I had a ton of fun. If I were to play it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would only unlock a few outposts so I have a place to ammo-up when I need to. Outside of that, going in on the second island (about the time when I had previously said idea) and picking a fight and then ambushing the reinforcements was really fun. 20XP for a single person, or 60, 120, or 180XP for a vehicle with 1, 2, or 3 dudes in it, yeah baby...
[ C4 ] *click*, BOOM! [/ C4 ]

Did Jason sound like Tom Cruise to anyone else?

I understand that my idea/plan goes somewhat against what I said about FC2. The difference to me is that in FC3 if I wanted to liberate an outpost, I could and the surrounding areas were pretty much safe. In FC2, you were never safe and those checkpoints were always populated, and I don't remember there being a fast travel, so you either passed through on the road, or you walked through the jungle.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback

Last edited by desertT1; 04-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in