mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Deep View Post
With a $300 budget, used is your only option. Lenses are going to be a problem if you intend to shoot paintball. The kit lens can only get you so far, and the cheapest telephotos will eat up most of a $300 budget by themselves.
Mikes right and your not going to enjoy shooting paintball with the limitations. There's so much more than just a camera and lens, so much more.

If I were you I would get a new 32gb iPod touch and shoot videos and take still shots of players at the field. You can post to image hosts right from the iPod, you can edit photos with iPhoto ($5) and edit video with iMovie ($5) and put the video to YouTube from the iPod. No messy image editing software or computers needed. Plus it does 100,000 other things.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I picked up a new Nikon Coolpix P510 and I am happy with the features on it. Zoom, fast shutter, multi shots for sports,many choices for settings. It does well, and I have seen it for $329.

My Feedback
lonegunmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
www.Axial-Photography.com

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Woot has the T3 for $399 right now. Don't know if it's good or not but there it is.

Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
id let her do things to my backside
chopper duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I learned on a Nikon D40. They're excellent cameras for beginners and are pretty well priced for what you get. They're also pretty light-weight.

Nikon D40 6.1 Megapixel Digital Camera w 2 lenses <--- That's local to you. Comes with a second lens featuring greater magnification. You could probably talk him down to $400 if you're good with negotiating.

http://maine.craigslist.org/pho/3391352459.html Wow, D70 for an insanely low price! Forget the other link, unless you wanted the second lens...

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye20 View Post
I learned on a Nikon D40. They're excellent cameras for beginners and are pretty well priced for what you get. They're also pretty light-weight.

Nikon D40 6.1 Megapixel Digital Camera w 2 lenses <--- That's local to you. Comes with a second lens featuring greater magnification. You could probably talk him down to $400 if you're good with negotiating.

Nikon D70 DSLR with case, charger, memory charge & lens Wow, D70 for an insanely low price! Forget the other link, unless you wanted the second lens...
yup i jumped on that D70 yesterday, waiting to hear back. Craigslist is always sketchy, especially if it a good deal, lets pray its not some murderer thanks everyone for your help
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

I've done several recent craigslist deals and I'm still alive
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
chuff chuff

Send a message via AIM to Hobbes

A bit higher than your budget, but the Panasonic GH2 is currently $500 with kit lens at Amazon with 2% cash back potential. Not a bad price on that and they video mode is supposed to be pretty good, especially with the hacked firmware.
Hobbes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not a huge fan of the T3, especially when compared to the T2i and T3i sensors. I own one, and used it for about a year, then upgraded to a 7D because of issues such as low FPS, poor ISO ability, and general build quality.

Personally I would strongly suggest going with something supporting a back wheel as well as a front dial (Any non-rebel body I guess for canon, no clue about other brands.) as this lets you adjust stuff so much easier. The single dial rebels aren't horrible, and they are perfectly workable, but dual dials just make things so much easier in a number of cases.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckless View Post
Not a huge fan of the T3, especially when compared to the T2i and T3i sensors. I own one, and used it for about a year, then upgraded to a 7D because of issues such as low FPS, poor ISO ability, and general build quality.

Personally I would strongly suggest going with something supporting a back wheel as well as a front dial (Any non-rebel body I guess for canon, no clue about other brands.) as this lets you adjust stuff so much easier. The single dial rebels aren't horrible, and they are perfectly workable, but dual dials just make things so much easier in a number of cases.

I was a huge fan of my T3......until I got my hands on my 7D.
but I do agree with your points, that back scroll wheel is awesome
and when you customize it to your liking its really handy to change stuff on the fly.
Arson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

Used DSLR. I got my first for around $250 with a decent zoom lens and I bought a fast prime for cheap on eBay soon after.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in