mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Razer Onza 360 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/218671-razer-onza-360-a.html)

BenoitOWN 11-15-2012 06:21 PM

Razer Onza 360

Are they worth it?
Currently have a friend that have a 360 and played Borderland 2 last weekend and look like another this one :P

He currently have wireless but was wondering people's opinion on the Onza :3

MaD 11-15-2012 07:26 PM

I like Razer products but they're always overpriced IMHO. My only experience with the Onza was a used one where you just spun in circles. I guess that was a somewhat common problem. The adjustable stick tension is nice though.

CCM Photographer 11-15-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenoitOWN (Post 2535024)
Are they worth it?
Currently have a friend that have a 360 and played Borderland 2 last weekend and look like another this one :P

He currently have wireless but was wondering people's opinion on the Onza :3

I've been wanting to try one myself but couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of money on something that will break in 3-6 months. Most of the reviews I've read on the Onza seem to mirror those of other Razer products - great ideas but horrible quality. :(

Keys_JR 11-15-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM Photographer (Post 2535107)
I've been wanting to try one myself but couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of money on something that will break in 3-6 months. Most of the reviews I've read on the Onza seem to mirror those of other Razer products - great ideas but horrible quality. :(

Love mine, have had it a year without problems, I guess I haven't thrown it to the ground enough to break it yet.

Mind you I got mine on Boxing Day for 50% off. It costs the same as a regular 360 controller, so even at full price it's not that bad.

YeloSno 11-15-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCM Photographer (Post 2535107)

Now I don't think it's horrible quality, but the design of their products seems like it's made too... fancily. There's a lot of **** that's unnecessary in a lot of their products which seems to make them have to cut corners on things that would otherwise make their products solid.

For example, their mice. They are designed pretty well, but all those adjustable features like lighting and whatnot detract from the quality of each feature.

Like if the mice just had rollers, finely adjustable dpi settings, and maybe button tension and cut out all the showy effects and parts that flare out, they could make something more solid for the same cost to them and the end user.

I like what they come up with, though, because you can see what other brands will take advantage of that option and make it even better for something worth paying for.

Kind of why I like a lot of Logitech, Altec Lansing and Microsoft Stuff.

No hate. MS actually makes some seriously decent **** :O