mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Razer Onza 360

Are they worth it?
Currently have a friend that have a 360 and played Borderland 2 last weekend and look like another this one :P

He currently have wireless but was wondering people's opinion on the Onza :3
PaintballGear / Ansgear
Feedback
Was sponsored by(2010):
Point Of View Cameras - For your helmet camera needs
Quote:
Originally Posted by destro7976 View Post
Yeah that's the plan. I want to play with it this summer and see if I can develop a relationship with her. Good luck with your sale man.
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

I like Razer products but they're always overpriced IMHO. My only experience with the Onza was a used one where you just spun in circles. I guess that was a somewhat common problem. The adjustable stick tension is nice though.
DIY Paintball Stuff!

Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenoitOWN View Post
Are they worth it?
Currently have a friend that have a 360 and played Borderland 2 last weekend and look like another this one :P

He currently have wireless but was wondering people's opinion on the Onza :3
I've been wanting to try one myself but couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of money on something that will break in 3-6 months. Most of the reviews I've read on the Onza seem to mirror those of other Razer products - great ideas but horrible quality.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
I've been wanting to try one myself but couldn't bring myself to drop that kind of money on something that will break in 3-6 months. Most of the reviews I've read on the Onza seem to mirror those of other Razer products - great ideas but horrible quality.
Love mine, have had it a year without problems, I guess I haven't thrown it to the ground enough to break it yet.

Mind you I got mine on Boxing Day for 50% off. It costs the same as a regular 360 controller, so even at full price it's not that bad.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Made With 100% Potato

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post

Now I don't think it's horrible quality, but the design of their products seems like it's made too... fancily. There's a lot of **** that's unnecessary in a lot of their products which seems to make them have to cut corners on things that would otherwise make their products solid.

For example, their mice. They are designed pretty well, but all those adjustable features like lighting and whatnot detract from the quality of each feature.

Like if the mice just had rollers, finely adjustable dpi settings, and maybe button tension and cut out all the showy effects and parts that flare out, they could make something more solid for the same cost to them and the end user.

I like what they come up with, though, because you can see what other brands will take advantage of that option and make it even better for something worth paying for.

Kind of why I like a lot of Logitech, Altec Lansing and Microsoft Stuff.

No hate. MS actually makes some seriously decent **** :O

Want to bring peace, tranquility, and the abundance of nice aftermarket parts to the paintball universe once and for all? Contribute to: www.tbqf.co

ALTBazaar.com - The end-all source to high performance and quality.
TBQF.co - The end all source for all cool things paintbally.

YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in