mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

nexus 10 vs asus tf700

I have been debating this for a while, but I am in the market for a 10 inch android tablet and these are the best candidates that I come up with.

These are the transformers specs

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700

Processor

NVIDIA Tegra3 1.6GHz

RAM

1GB

Memory

64GB

Memory Expansion

SD/SDHC

Display

10.1in 1920 x 1200 LED Backlit Super IPS+

Connectors

Proprietary 40-pin, microSD, micro HDMI, 3.5mm audio. USB and SD Card on keyboard dock

Main Camera

8 megapixel

Front-facing camera

2 megapixel

WiFi

802.11bgn

Battery

25Wh (tablet), 19.5Wh (dock)

Size and weight

268 x 181 x 8.5mm, 598g

vs the nexus 10 specs

Nexus 10

Screen 10.055” 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi)
WQXGA, HD PLS
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
Size W: 10.39 in (263.9 mm)
H: 6.99 in (177.6 mm)
D: 0.35 in (8.9 mm)
Weight 1.33 lbs (603 g)
Cameras 5MP (main), 1080p video
1.9MP (front), 720p video
Memory 16 GB or 32 GB (formatted capacity will be less)
CPU/GPU CPU: Dual-core A15 Eagle
GPU: Mali T604
RAM 2GB
Sensors Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Pressure, GPS
Wireless Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (MIMO+HT40)
Bluetooth
Dual-side NFC (Android Beam)
Connectivity Micro USB
Micro HDMI
3.5mm headphone jack
Battery 9,000 mAh Lithium polymer
Standby: up to 500 hours
Music playback: up to 90 hours
Video playback: up to 9 hours
Web browsing: up to 7 hours
OS Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

Both are very impressive, but what really kills me is the nexus has no sd card expansion. I want my device to last me for a while and while 32 gigs of storage is alot, my music is going to take up mayber close to half of that. Plus the tf700 has that nice keyboard dock as well as an aluminum back.

Could someone also explain to me which processor is better. I though that quad core was better, yet I hear people say that the nexus has an advanced dual core processor needed to power that beastly screen. The nexus also has double the ram. Could any tech savy people on mcb help me out, and thanks in advance.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Spyder

not much of an android person. but i saw this hard drive that lets you stream music and movies to your tablet/smartphone.

Seagate Satellite Wireless | Seagate
lmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

cool, is that bluetooth?
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

The harddrive lmartin posted creates an ad hoc wifi network, the processor and graphics processor in the Nexus 10 are a more advanced architecture than the Tegra 3. The Tegra platform integrates cpu and gpu into a soc (system on a chip), basically one piece of silicon does both cpu and gpu functions with seperate processor cores. The Nexus 10 uses a discrete gpu and cpu, so two chips doing their respective function. Basically 2 high end chips reduces the thermal peak and bus bottlenecks a soc can provide. The Nexus 10 has greater graphics and processing power than the tegra.

That being said the tf700 is not a bad tablet, the only thing you lose compared to the Nexus is some processing power, the screen resolution, nfc, and the always up to date vanilla android.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esseprometheus View Post
The harddrive lmartin posted creates an ad hoc wifi network, the processor and graphics processor in the Nexus 10 are a more advanced architecture than the Tegra 3. The Tegra platform integrates cpu and gpu into a soc (system on a chip), basically one piece of silicon does both cpu and gpu functions with seperate processor cores. The Nexus 10 uses a discrete gpu and cpu, so two chips doing their respective function. Basically 2 high end chips reduces the thermal peak and bus bottlenecks a soc can provide. The Nexus 10 has greater graphics and processing power than the tegra.

That being said the tf700 is not a bad tablet, the only thing you lose compared to the Nexus is some processing power, the screen resolution, nfc, and the always up to date vanilla android.
Cool thanks for the info guys. Now for the harddrive, does that mean in order to use it I need to be in a wifi zone? Or does it make it's own.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Yeah the hard drive creates its own wifi network.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in