mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 11-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Any good gaming pc black friday deals?

I've saved my minimum wage pay checks for 3 months to get a nice gaming pc on black friday. I am slightly clueless on specifications etc. Can someone point me in the right direction for a decent gaming pc that will be on sale black friday for at max $600? I'll be out all night for the door busters.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Here's my feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by TrueTexan; 11-24-2012 at 03:32 AM.
TrueTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

i don't think i've seen any adverts yet.

i remember office depot had a good regular desktop last year that i know would have been a decent gaming pc. best buy had theirs as well, but only like 1 per store so you had to be the first in line.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I built mine for $650. I say save a little more and build your own.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Right now ibuypower is having a sale: iBUYPOWER Gaming PC: Thanksgiving Sale!
I was thinking about getting the $599 deal come with a free monitor, keyboard and mouse or would I be better off just building it bottom up? The only thing I would upgrade on it would be the gpu and maybe psu if necessary from the options listed.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
-Vince Lombardi

Here's my feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

i don't think you'll be saving much building at that low of a price. i guess it depends on what you have on your current tower that can go into the new one.

i have my current desktop from staples like a year or 2 ago after christmas. it's an hp, and i did the same thing: upgraded the gpu and psu, also ram. ran about $800 altogether. the gtx 460 is holding up well too, but now i'm thinking it needs more cooling power.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Free monitor is after rebate in case you are trying to stick to your budget. That's not a bad price. After your two upgraded parts, you may be looking at the same price for building it from the ground up. The only other thing I disliked about the iBuypower type sites was delivery for that PC will be about $75. So when it's all said and done, you are spending $773.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

there was wii for 199.99 and about 4 games at one store
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

No monitor included.

CyberPowerPC GU6034 Gaming PC - ATX, AMD FX 4100 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6670, Keyboard/Mouse, Windows 8 64-bit at TigerDirect.com

To be honest, I don't know what "good" is, this is simply what was sent to me from their mailing list.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Black Friday deals are mostly geared at lower end components and packages because more people buy that kind of stuff. If you're looking for high end components for cheap, they will be hard to find.

Also, I have heard mixed reactions about ibuypower and cyberpowerpc stuff, hit or miss, especially with ibuypower's CS. However, you still have a day to read up on current components and prices, and can make a good decision about what you want to get.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I think I've gotten nearly everything I need from newegg. They have some decent sales. My only question is whether or not I should get windows 7 or 8 for the operating system? Windows 8 is $20 cheaper at the moment.
-Vince Lombardi

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in