mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Running Progress (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/220534-running-progress.html)

Kermit 12-07-2012 03:42 PM

Running Progress

Started a running program a few months back. I HATE running, but I'm doing it for school to pass a class I need to graduate.

Here's an example of the program:

Monday-Thursday: Run 2 minutes, walk one minute, run two minutes
Friday: Running test of 5 minutes without stopping

This past week we were running 6 minutes, walking one, and then 6 more. Our test was 13 minutes, just took that today.

Well, I'm tired. I have never ran in my life. I'm 235 pounds so this is great exercise and I'm definitely feeling better after I run. Apart from brutal shin splints, it's going pretty well. I never thought I'd be running over a mile.

-Josh

Kermit 12-10-2012 11:26 PM

Todays Progress: Tripped today while running. Landed face first on the track. Hurt like a B but I got back up and finished my mile.

SEFishy 12-11-2012 12:31 AM

The best part about keeping something like this going is you will always be getting better at a rather decent rate. Just stick to it and force yourself, if you arnt ready to pass out at the end then you arnt running hard enough.

In Nov of last year i had a 24min two mile. As of this Nov i have a fastest run of 15:54 2 mile. one year, eight mins off, and 50 pounds lighter.

This is from doing almost exactly what your doing. Just keeping makeing it harder as you go.

However i do have to say check out some nice running shoes if you dont have a pair. The price is worth saving your legs. I picked up a pair of Brooks Pureflows 6 months ago and fell in love. They fixed all splints and are light as hell.

Kermit 12-11-2012 11:23 PM

Did around 10 minutes this afternoon, had to stop because my legs were hurting too bad. Tomorrow is a rest day, the back to it on Thursday!

Marathon 12-11-2012 11:50 PM

Ice is your friend. If something hurts, ice it. Shin sore, rub them down with ice until it melts. I usually ice any trouble spots for 10 minutes while watching TV or cruising MCB. You will be amazed how good your legs feel the next day!

This is great for minor aches and pains of running. If you have blown out your knee or badly rolled you ankle, you may need more than just ice...

Kermit 12-13-2012 07:04 PM

I ran a mile today in 7.09. I'm very proud of myself.

Going for a 17 minute run tomorrow as my goal.

Kermit 12-14-2012 05:41 PM

Passed my running test at school today of 17 minutes. Feels great to be able to pass and not walking on the sides with all the lazy kids :)

Jello78 12-17-2012 11:57 PM

Good for you man! thats awesome! did you loose some extra weight by running? btw, keep up the good work! start sigining up for races, its a totally different world.