mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
E-Tac Operator =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendal50 View Post
N64 007 Goldeneye with the Paintball cheat. That was the most fun I had with a paintball video game.
^^ This.

That said, I don't find a paintball video game to automatically be "a simulation of a simulation." Sometimes it can be, sometimes it's not. It depends on what you're doing when you're playing paintball. Or, rather, playing a video game about playing paintball.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
My 0.02, Really cool thought! However it has taken years to create a following/franchise for any of the current FPS games. Halo -10+ years, Call of Duty going on 10 years, BattleField around 13+? years, ect.

The point is it takes a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time to create a fun game where millions play.

Paintball? It's a very small group and it gets even smaller when you ask paintball players if they'd play a paintball video game regularly. I played both of Greg Hastings games hoping for a good paintball video game and I went right back to the "other FPS" Neither of them had the quality or even the same feel/controls compared to the other FPS games.

I am not a hater on the idea. I think one day we will get there. Holodeck?

EDIT: Will I buy Greg hastings new IOS game? Most likely.

Last edited by SilentNuke; 12-11-2012 at 04:18 PM.
SilentNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Formerly Floundah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentNuke View Post
My 0.02, Really cool thought! However it has taken years to create a following/franchise for any of the current FPS games. Halo -10+ years, Call of Duty going on 10 years, BattleField around 13+? years, ect.

The point is it takes a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time to create a fun game where millions play.

Paintball? It's a very small group and it gets even smaller when you ask paintball players if they'd play a paintball video game regularly. I played both of Greg Hastings games hoping for a good paintball video game and I went right back to the "other FPS" Neither of them had the quality or even the same feel/controls compared to the other FPS games.

I am not a hater on the idea. I think one day we will get there. Holodeck?

EDIT: Will I buy Greg hastings new IOS game? Most likely.
yeah no doubt, I like the idea but I can't see it being a reality. Greg Hasting had some potential but the graphics also made me switch back over to halo
MEDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in