-   Plugged in (
-   -   Sonos System (

fullofpaint 12-09-2012 11:46 AM

Sonos System
Anyone have experience with the Sonos system? Looking to put one in for my grandmother, but trying to figure out how to wire it up.

Only planning on putting it in one room right now, but the router's in a different room so I know I need a bridge. The room currently has a car stereo wired up the normal speakers, so I was thinking I can use a Connect:Amp, to replace the stereo and just wire the speakers directly in.

The last thing that's throwing me is the library. Her computer has way too small of a hard drive to store all her CD's. The sonos site mentions you can run just an external hard drive, but I can't find any more information on that, anyone know?

Swamp Thing 12-09-2012 07:10 PM

I have sonos in my home and love it. You have several options you could get a unit to receive and with built in amp. A integrated unit with speakers and amp built in or the no powered one that is basically like a component that feeds in as a line in source to your apm.

You can listen to pandora radio or other internet radio options with no library. I use my I tunes library and have 1000's of songs.

They are very friendly so call them if you have a question.