mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tips for ME (X-box)

So this weekend i drug the old Wii into Gamestop and traded it for store credit.

While chatting with the clerk I mentioned that I hadn't played Mass Effect. He asked me if I meant I hadn't played ME3 yet, and nearly passed out when I clarified that I haven't played ANY of them...

My store credit was enough to cover the 3 game box set, so I'm starting off with the first one and working my way through.

I'm curious to see if anyone here has any specific tips/tactics, especially as it relates to playing the same character straight through all three games.

Thanks!
DevilMayCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

well you will end up playing multiple times thru. All the classes are fun in their own ways. Mass Effect 1 is much more of an RPG than the second two. I encourage you to search EVERYWHERE for stuff. Even on planet maps when you are driving the Mako around, there are random worlds with stuff that isn't on the map.

A few tips for 1.
- search everywhere
-once you save the Doctor on the Citadel, go back to her and sell your stuff, she will give you more credits
-If you play a non tech class, I suggest taking Tali with you when you get her. Upgrade her skills to open safes and other tech stuff.
-Credits, items and omni gel are capped, so at some point, you're just going to have a lot of crap in your inventory (inventory is one of the annoying parts of this game in the later stages).
-If you want the maximum XP to get the highest level and port that character to ME2, don't use the Mako weapons to kill everything, get out and kill stuff on foot. Killing with the Mako reduces your XP. (I suggest using the canon to wear down the Thresher Maw first, then kill it the last bit on foot, tricky but doable).
-Throw is a wonderful extra skill when you play through your second time.
-Def use your teammates skills, don't forget you have grenades.

Each game takes about 40 hours to complete if you try to complete EVERYTHING.
There are 7 Thresher Maw's in the galaxy, have fun finding them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cocker Lover

How much store credit did they give you? I have an un used wii as well.

Thanks
Nicodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
So this weekend i drug the old Wii into Gamestop and traded it for store credit.

While chatting with the clerk I mentioned that I hadn't played Mass Effect. He asked me if I meant I hadn't played ME3 yet, and nearly passed out when I clarified that I haven't played ANY of them...

My store credit was enough to cover the 3 game box set, so I'm starting off with the first one and working my way through.

I'm curious to see if anyone here has any specific tips/tactics, especially as it relates to playing the same character straight through all three games.

Thanks!
Use power button to pause the action in combat. Then line up your power combos. Keep using the power button to reassess your situation.

Do the side missions. After you trigger certain main storyline plots, you may not be able to go back.

ME1 has lots of equipment selection and combos. They streamlined things in the games 2 and 3 (this could be a good or bad thing depending on the individual.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I have played all three of them and played them multiples but when it comes Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 focus on either paragon or renegade because there are crucial parts of the game that require to be all paragon or renegade. There are some things you that can be good about and it won't affect your aura but other decisions are a BIG push in either direction. If you have don't enough of paragon for example then you won't have a chat dialog option open to use that may save a team mate, or resolve a solution. In mass effect 2, you need almost full of one or other in order to win one persons loyalty, and in mass effect 3 you need to be maxed on one in order to access chat dialog at the end of the game. I always went renegade.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Or just be a solider with an assault rifle and never let go of the trigger and kill everything while yelling I'm THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
THAT WORKS! The harder the game more bullets it takes to kill them. LMAO Incendiary grenades are fun too!
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
It's All In The Reflexes.

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC19K View Post
THAT WORKS! The harder the game more bullets it takes to kill them. LMAO Incendiary grenades are fun too!
Being a Solider honestly was a joke. You seriously are the JUGGERNAUT.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Or just be a solider with an assault rifle and never let go of the trigger and kill everything while yelling I'm THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH!
Immunity is an amazing skill for that (you're basically invincible).
There are two missions that I can think of that are only given to you in ME1 if you have the appropriate Paragon or Renegade levels.

I forgot about the pausing of the game, lol haven't done too much of that in 2 and 3. And yes, side quests are definitely important, I'm pretty sure the point of no return is Ilos. Although you can continue to play the game after you win, whats the point really?

There is no definite route to doing the game, but I think my usual plan was Therum > Feros> Noveria > Ilos....I think. And I tried to search everything out in between those for side quests. Doing Therum first gets you Liara as a squad member.
Quote:
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in