mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Week 50 check in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/220880-week-50-check.html)

BenoitOWN 12-11-2012 04:33 PM

Week 50 check in

Humm I rised up o.o
Better be muscle >.>
Anyone know a good usa shop for protein powder? My parents over there and id ship 2 to bring back

Kermit 12-14-2012 12:49 AM

236-240. It goes up and down throughout the day.

Got my mile down to 7.09 minutes. I ran an 11 minute mile a few weeks ago.

senghing27 12-18-2012 09:33 PM

138.8 :)
Down 2 and broke my plateau.

Last week of insanity, I had to restart it a couple time because of traveling.

My cold weather mile pace is 8:45 :/

4G010H3R0 12-23-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senghing27 (Post 2566763)

My cold weather mile pace is 8:45 :/

Not quite as light as you guys I was 245 around June now im down to 175 +/-10. LOL I fluctuate by a lot but my caloric intake is around 3-4k a day. I also retain water very easily(lost 18 pounds in a 18 hours, dont ask me how).

you and me both. I only started running about 4-5 months ago. Right before it got cold I was at about 40-45 minutes for about 5-6 miles now im only going about 3-4 miles in. My throat/lungs starts to burn or I have to put a lot of layers on and I get "weighed down" and get super sweaty:ROTFL:

Im not a huge fan of scarves in general and ski mask's just make me look like im running from a bank heist or something.

senghing27 12-23-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4G010H3R0 (Post 2571238)
Not quite as light as you guys I was 245 around June now im down to 175 +/-10. LOL I fluctuate by a lot but my caloric intake is around 3-4k a day. I also retain water very easily(lost 18 pounds in a 18 hours, dont ask me how).

you and me both. I only started running about 4-5 months ago. Right before it got cold I was at about 40-45 minutes for about 5-6 miles now im only going about 3-4 miles in. My throat/lungs starts to burn or I have to put a lot of layers on and I get "weighed down" and get super sweaty:ROTFL:

Im not a huge fan of scarves in general and ski mask's just make me look like im running from a bank heist or something.

I feel your pain.
I'm a pretty short dude, so I'm not a fan of layers on top of layers. It gets pretty swampy while running and you'll hit a cool spot while coasting, it's awful.
We just got hit by a pretty wicked snow/ice followed by a defrost. I want to go running, but I'd hate to hit an ice patch and bite it. There are a few old timers who run around my neighborhood and they have massive parkas on. I don't understand it, but whatever. If it's around 40* or so, I run outside with underarmor leggings, longsleeve baselayer, normal compression on top, running longsleeve fleece jacket, and a Brooks running cap. I've chatted with some of my friends who are more hardcore into running and they have winter windbreakers and all this fun stuff. I can't justify a pricey winter jacket, let alone one for just running.

Guess I'll just hit the local Y, run the treadmills, and get sick while trying to watch TV. :)