mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Holliday Shows! Where Were you? Rate em.

Live Music is my first love, I consider the week leading up too NYE to be the very best all year, outside of summer festival season. So I am wondering what the rest of this board spent this week doing.

My NYE week started after Xmas with the Disco Biscuits @ Best Buy Theater (Time Square, NYC) one December 26th.

This was my 4th year seeing the Biscuits on the 26th, but my first year that the ONLY show I caught was the 21st. Instead of getting to as many shows as comfortable and waiting from 3am-5am for trains to run, I spent more cash to make the shows comfortable. This was my first year bringing my girlfriend (the girl I'd very much like to marry) and I didn't want her standing in the cold outside the train station (Grand Central Station) for 1-2 hours. We got a hotel (Hamilton inn, midtown) instead.
The frontman wrote the setlist, and the band killed it.
9/10

Pretty Lights @ Roseland Ballroom, December 30th.

My next show was not until the 30th. Last year I saw Infected Mushroom the 31st, and it was a madhouse. Hard to get even near the venue (which happened to be in Time square). This year I booked a 30th show and made sure it was somewhere far from Time Square.

This was like my 7-8th time seeing Pretty Lights live, but easily my favorite. The venue was chill, security left us well enough alone. The search was a joke when we came inside. The only problem was the 30min line we had to wait on, even after coming 2 hours after doors opened. It was cold and we were not well dressed, my girlfriend was wearing a skirt and freezing her *** off. The show itself however was AMAZING, and PL new light show is absolutely top tier.
9.7/10 (Perfect is not for line)

What I'm sad I missed (in NYC)
More Disco Biscuits (27th-30th)
Phish (26-31st)
Govt Mule
My Mourning Jacket
Steve Miller Band
Brothers Past
Manhattan Project

Super Jealous if you were at:

Lotus
Infected Mushroom (w/ Unveiling light show)
Moe.
Govt Mule (heard it live today, OMG WHAT A SHOW)
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not Banned Kerry

AKA Fan
Saw the Arkells live downtown Ottawa last night, one of the best concerts i've been to and I was in literally in the front row, standing like five feet from the singer
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Pirate

Saw The Fighting Jamesons at The Norva for New Years Eve. I remember most of the show, but details are a little blurry
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
Saw the Arkells live downtown Ottawa last night, one of the best concerts i've been to and I was in literally in the front row, standing like five feet from the singer
Good choice homie! I coulda gone for some indie rock last night too haha.
I sat out last night but the more I listen to live tracks from shows last night the more I wish I was at Govt Mule they KILLED it last night so hard...

But Pretty Lights was legit. One of my homies who was blown away 2 nights ago went again last night. When it turned out his ticket was fake he tweeted PL about it. The lead coordinator for Pretty Lights tweeted him back and let him into the show from backstage. AMAZING.
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9qQNyA6Vk

Best part about Buffalo is you go from punk shows like this one to pretentious jazz shows with craft beer, all within 48 hours.
StealingYerMail is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in