mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
fullofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western MA

Annodizing a macbook?

Anybody every seen this done? I know I've seen iPods done before, but can't say I've ever seen a full laptop.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun
 
someasianballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, Tx

CCM Fan
Been thinking of doing it to my iphone 5 backplate lol
__________________
my feedback
someasianballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
fullofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Western MA

I have a friend with a 5 with a broken screen, trying to convince him to let us send it out for anno before he gets the replacement haha.
fullofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
US ARMY SIG CORPS
 
redlaser666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Spanaway, Washington

As long as it billet aluminum without any steel or brass inserts It should not be any problem at all.
__________________
My Feedback!
redlaser666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra
 
Falcon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
an anodized macbook would look amazing and this is coming from a guy that hates macs on principle. I wish some of the boutique laptop builders like Sager,Alienware etc offered this kind of service. For example Alienware for most of their laptops come in black,red or blue that's it. I think it would look awesome if they offered some different options. Even say an Alien blood look with a black base and yellow splash or maybe a colour scheme for different military branches ie if you're a marine be able to get the marine colours on your machine or for Canadian guys be able to get a cadpat pattern.
__________________

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale





Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tinkerer
 
dano_____'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South Dakota

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
an anodized macbook would look amazing and this is coming from a guy that hates macs on principle. I wish some of the boutique laptop builders like Sager,Alienware etc offered this kind of service. For example Alienware for most of their laptops come in black,red or blue that's it. I think it would look awesome if they offered some different options. Even say an Alien blood look with a black base and yellow splash or maybe a colour scheme for different military branches ie if you're a marine be able to get the marine colours on your machine or for Canadian guys be able to get a cadpat pattern.
Back in the day, Alienware did offer this service. This was before they were bought by the standardization nazi, dell. They had automotive paints on the cases and if you called them they could whip up any color you wanted. There is another company out of Canada, Voodoo, that offered this service on their gaming laptops, but it appears they were purchased by hp.
__________________
Dan's Feedback
dano_____ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra
 
Falcon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
oh I remember the old Alienware doing that on Desktops but I never saw the option back in the day even on laptops. I know Voodo used to do it too. I think the only company that may offer the service now is ibuypower but I've heard horrid stories about them
__________________

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale





Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
chrislognshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
oh I remember the old Alienware doing that on Desktops but I never saw the option back in the day even on laptops. I know Voodo used to do it too. I think the only company that may offer the service now is ibuypower but I've heard horrid stories about them
also got to take this in to action its a lot simpler to have it anodize before you put one together. have any one you guys ever tried to take apart a macbook. they are not easy to take apart. i use to take macs part and macbooks to scrape for metal at job i had once. they are not easy to take part on how there are put together some parts are glue to it where other are screwed in. so odds of taking part whole outside of macbook going to hard. all monitors are some what glued to screen too.
__________________
pc steam handle chrisfallout666
chrislognshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun
 
someasianballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, Tx

CCM Fan
imagine it,

acid washed apple product
__________________
my feedback
someasianballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra
 
Falcon16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Like I said I'd have to admit that would look amazing. Heck with even cheap laptops you could do powdercoat or paint and lasering.
__________________

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale





Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC