mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   I need a new game to play 360 (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/223762-i-need-new-game-play-360-a.html)

tlane77 01-17-2013 09:09 AM

I need a new game to play 360

Got Hitman for Xmas and I love it but I need a break.

I'm into shooters. Going through Black Ops but I am getting a little bored.

Did the same thing last winter and tried Skyrim and quickly got rid of it. Was doing Borderlands but got a little bored...back burner

So I guess I am looking for recommendations for something that'll keep my interest and take a little while.

Here's what I am thinking:

Xcom
All the Mass Effects
All the Dead Space
All the Bioshocks

Opinions

Vital_Signs 01-17-2013 09:50 AM

Xcom is fun but it can get a bit repetitive, also it isn't a shooter, it's turn based.
Mass Effect has a good story, but they are long games.
From what I heard Dead Space is very meh when it comes to either gameplay or story
Bioshock 1 is the only Bioshock, Bioshock 2 was just a cash cow to make a bit more money off the franchise since Bioshock 1 did so well. Unlike most sequels who take the original and add new features, B2 actually got rid of a lot of Bioshock's features and "streamlined" the game.

Fallout New Vegas for me was really fun, but it's a lot like Skyrim but with guns. There are quite a few glitches, on the PC port most of all. Also, doing all the faction quests and trying to figure out what order to do them(without making everyone hate you) in can take a couple playthroughs of trial and error. It also has a feature called hardcore mode that makes ammo also weigh something, and you have to eat, drink, and sleep to stay alive(so you have a use for all that food you find). It makes the game not just about going through shooting everything, but you also have to think about surviving. Makes the game a lot more immersive. However, Fallout NV and all its DLC remains my favorite game.

I can't believe you didn't like Borderlands 2 though. IMO that was the best game to come out last year.

tlane77 01-17-2013 10:19 AM

I really liked Borderlands 2.

I just played it so much that I needed a break.

I was disappointed about XCOM. I am not a PC gamer and didn't know the style of play it was. I thought it was a Borderlands style game.

martix_agent 01-17-2013 10:21 AM

Bioshock is a great series
Mass effect is an AMAZING series

those should take a large chunk of your time

tlane77 01-17-2013 10:25 AM

I figure I can get those for cheap used.

I'm just biding time till Colonial Marines comes out.

desertT1 01-17-2013 10:37 AM

Hardcore mode in New Vegas was great. It made things challenging in ways that still kept it fun.

Keebler 01-17-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlane77 (Post 2595687)
I figure I can get those for cheap used.

I'm just biding time till Colonial Marines comes out.

This! I pre ordered the collectors edition

tlane77 01-17-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keebler (Post 2595703)
This! I pre ordered the collectors edition

Buddy at work and I were just in my cube looking at it. Ladies in our department were like oh the boys are talking video games again.

MEDuck 01-17-2013 10:50 AM

Gotta love bioshock. Wear turtle beaches (or other surround sound headset) at night with all the lights off and you have a pretty good time

Keebler 01-17-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlane77 (Post 2595708)
Buddy at work and I were just in my cube looking at it. Ladies in our department were like oh the boys are talking video games again.

It's gonna effin sick dude I can't wait. I'm gonna get all Fd up in caffeine and play that junk with all the lights off