mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Planetside 2 Anyone? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/224363-planetside-2-anyone.html)

i8pie2day 01-24-2013 03:20 AM

Planetside 2 Anyone?

Just joined this game and it's fun (even though I am absolutely awful at it.) , but would be a lot more fun if there were other people playing. I was wondering if there is a small band of you out here on MCB playing.

For those who don't know what Planetside 2 is, it's basically ateam (well... faction) based FPS. Plenty of vehicles, strategy, etc etc etc.

HyperU2 01-24-2013 04:29 AM

Funny I was considering downloading it tonight. Not sure I need a new distraction in my life.

i8pie2day 01-24-2013 04:39 AM

Yeah I downloaded it the other day. Steep learning curve for sure but has huge potential to be entertaining/addictive. Definitely impossible to play solo though, the maps are far to vast and there's too many people to venture off on your own with ease.

Fenix 01-24-2013 06:34 AM

Pay2win.. It's still entertaining but i like ps1 better.

mcgral18 01-24-2013 09:55 AM

I tried playing it once...5-10 FPS average didn't fare too well. Note : You need more than 2 gigs of ram to play this.

Whenever I upgrade I'll give it another try. For a free to play game, there is a lot to it.

Falcon16 01-24-2013 12:05 PM

I play this I'm also an Alpha Squad member

Dr. VonDeafingson 01-25-2013 11:28 AM

I played it...the learning curve isn't that steep, there just aren't any good tutorials. Some guys on youtube though have pretty much taken the time to walk through every aspect of the game. (the developers made their own youtube tutorial but it's rubbish.)

The problem I have with this game is, unless you pay money, it takes FOREVER to get enough cert points to afford any substantial upgrades for your characters. I stopped playing after a week and went back to bf3.

The sheer scale and chaos of the combat is great fun though.

Falcon16 01-25-2013 11:44 AM

That's part of the reason I joined alpha squad you pay $40 up front and have enough station cash to unlock just about everything all at once. If they just made it that the game was $40 pay it once and get all the weapons and such right away but make it that you have to work to unlock say weapon upgrades or what have you I'd be ok with that. With that said yea my favorite aspect is the massive battles and the the fact you can hot drop right into the middle of a massive firefight.

grimace 05-16-2013 05:51 PM

Gravedig! Anyone still playing? I just started. :slowpoke:

Maximilian 05-17-2013 12:52 AM

Yeah I play on a semi-regular basis with some buddies of mine. TR on Helios and NC on Connery. Once you have a few people to bum around with its loads of fun.