mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to justinpbwizard

Need Some PC Help

I have seen in the past a lot of you have been able to diagnose some of the pc's having problems, well here is one that I need help with.

The pc boots with no problem and programs are running smoothly but the longer the pc stays on the slower it begins to respond on tasks like opening programs and switching between windows.

Is this a hardware problem (ex. Hard Drive, Memory) or my operation system, Do I need a reinstall?

I have opened the sucker up and did a complete cleaning of all dust and build up which there was minimal dust in the unit.

Thanks in advance and any ideas would be appreciated.
justinpbwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

Make sure all the fans are running, including the power supply one. You should be able to see or hear them if they are running. Try finding a free temperature program for your pc, it will keep track of temp while the machine is running and let you see if the temp starts increasing when the performance starts to slow. You should also be able to find ones that check your ram memory and hd to see if they are the problem.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

you need to do what he said. also when you run the computer go to windows task widow and go to performance. it will give you graphics on cpu usage. it also will process on what computer is running. it will show if you have any malware or some other program that wants to be memory hog. all ways good to run a good spybot program check to see some has malware or any other item causing run high amount of ram do to fact it wants track what your doing or peering on your computer without your permission. always good to do virus scan defrag and spyware program at least 1 to 2 times a month since clear up computer and keep things from being memory hugs.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shocker2k Send a message via MSN to Shocker2k

Have you recently installed a new program? Sounds like it could be a memory leak too. A program using up ram but not releasing it back for other programs and processes to use.

Nick
Shocker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in