mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sammy galaxy II questions

I may have a galaxy 1 Perhaps its a 2 I dont know what the difference is but I can say its not as wide as other galaxy 2's ive seen.

My question is this. A year or so back I changed to verizon from Tmobile. When I did that I used a new non smart phone. The old Tmobile phone was the afore mentioned galaxy.

Now since this phone no longer had service I used it as a mini tablet on wifi. The phone worked much faster without the sim card so I never reinstalled it when I was done for the day nor did I put it somewhere safe, at least that I know of.

I have since moved and along with the move I changed internet providers. During this time I had forgotten the lock pattern on the phone. And in trying to unlock the phone I managed to permanently lock it.

Now for the issue at hand.

I have a vital piece of information inside of it that I cant replace. I

I need to get into the phone, I cannot use my gmail to do so as I no longer have the internet connection nor do I have cell service.

While typing this I had an idea. If I found a tmobile user with a compatible sim card could I use that to help me get into the phone as it will enable it to have data again???????

Any ideas are welcome....

Said info is stored as text.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical-X View Post
I may have a galaxy 1 Perhaps its a 2 I dont know what the difference is but I can say its not as wide as other galaxy 2's ive seen.

My question is this. A year or so back I changed to verizon from Tmobile. When I did that I used a new non smart phone. The old Tmobile phone was the afore mentioned galaxy.

Now since this phone no longer had service I used it as a mini tablet on wifi. The phone worked much faster without the sim card so I never reinstalled it when I was done for the day nor did I put it somewhere safe, at least that I know of.

I have since moved and along with the move I changed internet providers. During this time I had forgotten the lock pattern on the phone. And in trying to unlock the phone I managed to permanently lock it.

Now for the issue at hand.

I have a vital piece of information inside of it that I cant replace. I

I need to get into the phone, I cannot use my gmail to do so as I no longer have the internet connection nor do I have cell service.

While typing this I had an idea. If I found a tmobile user with a compatible sim card could I use that to help me get into the phone as it will enable it to have data again???????

Any ideas are welcome....

Said info is stored as text.
Stick a compatible sim card in and call it. answering phone call normally avoids the lock screen.

Then you can change the settings.

Google samsung s2 locked out. there are lots of suggestions.
My Feedback
first strike pez dispensers in stock - pm me!
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zoo
Back on the ice

Your only hope may be to start the phone in "bootloader" mode, and then try to manually pull the data off the phone. I recently had to do this when I borked my Galaxy Nexus.
It is a long process and a pain in the butt.
To get into bootloader mode: with phone off, press and hold 'Vol -', 'Home' button, and 'power'. To pull the data, you'll need the correct Samsung drivers on your computer and also will need to install ADB (Android debugging bridge: how you can manually push/pull files to/from your phone). It is a loooong process to get ADB set up, so check the phone forums (I recommend xda developers) for the details. Good luck!

www.DeltaSquad.info & Facebook

Trying to register on automags.org? PM 'Beemer' here to get you set up.
Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I think the phone you have is a Samsung vibrant
as said above xda is the place to start
oh boot loader so much fun

"Do you smell a skunk?"
-really?!? You had to be there

Originally Posted by DashHopes
I'm loving it
It's a house, not McDonald's