mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Google's Play Music App Help

So I recently downloaded my first album ever from the Play Store and it went to the Play Music app. That's fine and dandy BUT I would love to be able to stream it via bluetooth to my soundbar but I am having issues doing so (yes they are synced). I would also like to know how I could transfer it to Samsung's Media Hub if it is possible since that seems so much more user friendly. Thanks for any info/help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

If the soundbar and the phone are paired and connected, then it may be that the Soundbar does not allow music to be streamed via the phone's bluetooth connection (Can your phone play music through another bluetooth device?). There may be a software update for the soundbar that would allow it.
For the Music Hub, you would need to upload the songs to your Music Hub cloud storage and you should be set. Here is link that may help. I'll contact my Samsung rep to see what he has to say as well.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I can play music from the bar via media hub, its trying to get the music from Play Music to Media Hub which is giving me a headache.

Quote:
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Just got back from work. From my Samsung Rep: " you need to have a Music Hub Premium account to upload your music to the service. You also need to have the songs downloaded to your computer and the Music Hub uploader installed. For details on the uploader follow this link Music Hub

What phone/device are you using?

Last edited by WebFisher; 02-17-2013 at 08:46 PM.
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
60% More bullet

You can download your music from the Google play store if you have the free music manager downloaded, you can download the files and then put them directly on your phone. That's how I got songs to show up in the stock media hub, but to be honest I only use the Play Music app. There shouldn't be a problem with playing music over bluetooth with the Play Music app. When I bought my phone I was told to avoid almost all the Samsung/AT&T stock apps that require some sort of subscription, I've found that it was pretty solid advice since you need to pay to have basic features that the Google Music apps already gives you.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbubba View Post
You can download your music from the Google play store if you have the free music manager downloaded, you can download the files and then put them directly on your phone. That's how I got songs to show up in the stock media hub, but to be honest I only use the Play Music app. There shouldn't be a problem with playing music over bluetooth with the Play Music app. When I bought my phone I was told to avoid almost all the Samsung/AT&T stock apps that require some sort of subscription, I've found that it was pretty solid advice since you need to pay to have basic features that the Google Music apps already gives you.
How did you manage to play via Bluetooth? I have searched everything I seem to be striking out I am using a S3 on T-Mobile

Quote:
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
60% More bullet

What bluetooth speaker are you using? Try and make sure you're giving it permission to play music, it can sync but it won't be allowed to play music. Try forgetting the device and re-doing the steps to pair it with the speaker again, then go into the settings for the device (the little cog wheel on the right) and give it permission to use Media Audio, for some reason mine didn't do this at the start either.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I have a RCA sound bar, it pairs up just fine when using media hub but I look for the option while Play Music I don't see the option to link via Bluetooth. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
60% More bullet

You have to link up in your settings, when you go into settings touch the bluetooth option and then you can see what devices are paired, just pair it up through that and allow for the speaker to access media
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

From what I'm reading, BigBubba is right. You should be able to play music through the soundbar just fine. If there's a store nearby that has one on display, see if you can get it to pair with that one. Then you will see if it's the soundbar that is the problem or not.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in