mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'll take half a dozen. Have a cabin in the woods that needs a heater....and enough power to play Skyrim with all the graphics mods
bellicose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Better deal imo.

CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
****ing speak up Im deaf!

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
AMD is Crossfire bro. And you'd need one hell of a Mobo to run 3 of those bad boys, you'd need 6 PCI-e slots, and an unbelievable PSU
You'd need 3 pcie slots, theyd just need at least 2 spaces between them. Also if I were seriously planning to build a rig with three of these cards....I'd probably run two PSU's, with a 1kw psu for the graphics cards alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
If you are not stalking - you are not showing love...
Feedback
Dr. VonDeafingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. VonDeafingson View Post
You'd need 3 pcie slots, theyd just need at least 2 spaces between them. Also if I were seriously planning to build a rig with three of these cards....I'd probably run two PSU's, with a 1kw psu for the graphics cards alone.
That's why I said 6 slots, I've yet to see one with fewer leave adequate space

I used to have a 1.2KW PSU for a GTX570 Tri-SLI, sometimes it wasn't enough lol
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
AAAAAAAAAAH haha I'm still laughing at that.
*yoink!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
We can always hack and mold it the way we want it. This is MCB after all....
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJimmy666 View Post
That's why I said 6 slots, I've yet to see one with fewer leave adequate space

I used to have a 1.2KW PSU for a GTX570 Tri-SLI, sometimes it wasn't enough lol
Most layouts I've seen space the 16x sized slots with smaller expansion slots between them. The one problem you're likely to run into is that many boards arrange this such that they would work with a right board mount, while most graphics cards are actually left board mount, so you may end up having to do some quick talking with a few tools and custom connectors to get the third card in (As it would often cover things like USB headers and the like on the far right edge of the mother board).

I would be more worried about your case holding them than I would finding a motherboard to take 3 of the cards.

That said, an old classmate mentioned something about four dozen of these for their offices new rendering cluster. They usually keep four on hand as spares for if something goes down... Wonder if they would miss a few.
Luckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

here one more thing to think about. not sure if most people will know if computer has right stuff on mother board to run it. also will they other things need to run this card right. i do not think most people know what there pc handle for graphics cards. and some think the one they just built year ago will be able to hand this card. i like the fact cards are getting way better now a days. how many programs set up to use this beast. its like using 6 and 8 core cpu. since most programs are just now supporting 4 core. not sure how long it will take them to use 6 and 8 core properly. if most games do not support the card or can take full use of card why would need it.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bruins World Order

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
here one more thing to think about. not sure if most people will know if computer has right stuff on mother board to run it. also will they other things need to run this card right. i do not think most people know what there pc handle for graphics cards. and some think the one they just built year ago will be able to hand this card. i like the fact cards are getting way better now a days. how many programs set up to use this beast. its like using 6 and 8 core cpu. since most programs are just now supporting 4 core. not sure how long it will take them to use 6 and 8 core properly. if most games do not support the card or can take full use of card why would need it.
True, but even if newer games still aren't optimized for use with the new gen of cards (which the big titles USUALLY are) in terms of raw horsepower and driver support it'll still be a monster
Seconded. Hence forth this is to be the official nomenclature of marker sales. Violators will be violated.
StJimmy666 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in