mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas NV
Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it must be really bad if it's not political and fox still bothers reporting it.
i saw somethign about the $10 tip for the $1400 pizza delivery.. im starting to think fox is trolling reddit for "that personal touch"

Tracker
__________________

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
i saw somethign about the $10 tip for the $1400 pizza delivery..

Tracker
Sounds about right..... I've been stiffed on a $250 order, and a $2 tip on a $80 catering order. Purdue refuses to pay for any tips out of their accounts. People are not very classy.
__________________
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #63 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Flint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it must be really bad if it's not political and fox still bothers reporting it.
Not just FOX, it made the news pretty much world wide... The local news reported on it, BBC did so too, as well as the antipodes, etc...
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

well that ain't good for EA. i think they just didn't care about the launch, but i think that's because they don't think it would be an international news, they probably thought they would have the money from the games and had no reason to spend them right away for temporary servers because the news would just blow over.

Last edited by heinous; 03-12-2013 at 01:52 PM.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #65 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Flint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Well well, the definite proof, that "always online" is indeed nothing but DRM.
My SimCity City Thrived Offline For 19 Minutes
(check the comments especially)
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
Well well, the definite proof, that "always online" is indeed nothing but DRM.
My SimCity City Thrived Offline For 19 Minutes
(check the comments especially)
"don't ever try to lie to the Internet because they will catch you, they will deconstruct your spin, they will remember everything you say." -gabe newell.

and EA still hasn't learned.

further quote by gaben:

"You can see old school companies really struggle with that. They still think that they can be in control of the message because they go to press people and the press people repeat what they're told and then five seconds later somebody is posting goats having sex with that PR person on 4Chan... And completely calling bull**** on whatever it was so, yeah, the Internet in aggregate is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case I think that the better they're gonna be at interacting with it."
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #67 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->
 
ta2maki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunny Southern California

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
it must be really bad if it's not political and fox still bothers reporting it.
Well Fox news and EA have a history of not getting along. So maybe they reported it because its bad news about EA.
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta2maki View Post
Well Fox news and EA have a history of not getting along.
elaborate please? never heard that before.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Port Hope, ON

Is Bulletstorm the Worst Video Game in the World? | Fox News


FOX NEWS Mass Effect Sex Debate - YouTube

Those are the only two that come to mind.
Agglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #70 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Flint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
"don't ever try to lie to the Internet because they will catch you, they will deconstruct your spin, they will remember everything you say." -gabe newell.

and EA still hasn't learned.

further quote by gaben:

"You can see old school companies really struggle with that. They still think that they can be in control of the message because they go to press people and the press people repeat what they're told and then five seconds later somebody is posting goats having sex with that PR person on 4Chan... And completely calling bull**** on whatever it was so, yeah, the Internet in aggregate is scary smart. The sooner people accept that and start to trust that that's the case I think that the better they're gonna be at interacting with it."
Indeed.

EA getting further demolished, and the rumor that "always online" came from EA not Maxis, getting real solid ground to stand on.
Maxis Insider Tells RPS: SimCity Servers Not Necessary | Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC