mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   New SimCity is out now (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/228004-new-simcity-out-now.html)

Tracker 03-05-2013 01:24 PM

New SimCity is out now

i hate EA and i feel dirty that i had to buy anything from origin,, but i bought Simcity last night & downloaded it this morning.. havent gotten to play yet but looking forward to it

Anyone else?

Tracker

Sneaky Sir 03-05-2013 05:47 PM

Just saw it was released as well, but that was as far as I got with it. Going to check it out now

Agglet 03-05-2013 07:49 PM

The always on internet connection required is putting me off. I know eventually I'll cave and buy it but I'm holding strong on the boycott for now. :(

usagi_tetsu 03-05-2013 07:52 PM

Not yet for me either, I find it all too hard to pick up any game at full price, much less the AAA titles that generally run $50 to $60 right out of the gate. Though I am now interested to see if they've put out a demo on it.

heinous 03-05-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 2644657)
i hate EA and i feel dirty that i had to buy anything from origin,, but i bought Simcity last night & downloaded it this morning.. havent gotten to play yet but looking forward to it

Anyone else?

Tracker

nah, and i won't miss it. still got simcity 3. civ 5 is fun too although different.

origin and mandatory internet is enough to ward me off battlefield 3, simcity won't change that.

ThickChestHair 03-05-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agglet (Post 2645097)
The always on internet connection required is putting me off. I know eventually I'll cave and buy it but I'm holding strong on the boycott for now. :(

This. I don't want to have to connect to the internet every time I want to play an offline game.

Flint 03-05-2013 08:27 PM

Ill be waiting for someone to disable the constant online, before spending any cash on it... a sale would be nice too.

Tracker 03-06-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agglet (Post 2645097)

i agree that the DRM thing is bull.. but, i dont game when im mobile, and my computer that is capale of playing the game is hooked to the internet 24/7 anyways.. so i would be protesting the loss of something thats already been made a non-issue

its definitly designed to be a "pick up and play" kind of game

Tracker

fullofpaint 03-06-2013 12:25 AM

Don't you need other players as well? So even without the constant connection, you need to sharing your game with other players correct? At least that's the impression I got from Kotaku's preview.

Cobbon 03-06-2013 12:29 AM

Best to hold off for now. Pre-ordered and downloaded 12 hours ago, and still haven't been able to play. It will probaly be at least a week before EA gets it all sorted out. It's a mess right now with server issues, bugs, etc.