mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to wolf13 Send a message via Yahoo to wolf13

WYSIWYG web builder recommendation?

I have a website that I've built over the last couple of years that is of pretty substantial size, but doesn't use any advanced scripting. Its all graphics and text, and lots of both (50 some pages).

I built it with MS publisher 07 since that was already installed on my machine from work and I found it very easy to use to build it and well, it looks great when I get done, everything I want to do layout wise, it does when editing. However, the results have been inconsistent when I put it on the web, and I know its not really a web builder program. I am considering for various reasons rebuilding the site in something cleaner that will give a more consistent result.

Any recommendations for a webbuilder that is easy to use and flexible on layouts? I messed around a little with Komposer after looking at a couple of tutorials and I don't think its nearly as flexible as what I need.

I am a visually oriented person, I have used small bits of HTML in the past, I will not use it to rebuild the entire website. I do not have the patience, focus and attention to detail to do all that code, so I am committed to WYSIWYG. Prefer free, but I'd shell out $50 or so for a good program thats as easy to use as publisher.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
I'll shoot myself anyway

Have you tried NVU?
Get a taste of religion: lick a Baptist!
WebFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in