mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Army of two the devils cartel (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/230723-army-two-devils-cartel.html)

dutchy 04-06-2013 04:37 AM

Army of two the devils cartel

Who is playing this game???

Seymour 04-06-2013 09:18 AM

Is it any good?

The first one was fun, and I havent played them since.

dutchy 04-06-2013 10:44 AM

They could put more effort in it to make it perfect.

but the graphics look better and the story line is way better.

martix_agent 04-06-2013 10:51 AM

It's fun. I refuse to play it w/ the computer though, so i have to arrange times to play online with friends. I played the crap out of the last tww games, because i was living with rommates who could play it with me.

There's little things about it that feel off. The agro system, for one, is different. There are also no longer enemies you need to shoot in the back. I miss having to devise a strategy to get behind a guy in order to kill him.

dutchy 04-06-2013 11:05 AM

true and I also miss the gunparts you have to search for.
love customizing the guns.

martix_agent 04-06-2013 11:25 AM

That was one thing i wasn't a huge fan of in the second game. Because of it, all your guns ended up looking the same. On the other hand it did give you a reason to explore.

SEFishy 04-08-2013 10:46 PM

i didnt like the new characters, they seem to be workmates rather then friends. also you cant high-five or go back to back anymore.

martix_agent 04-09-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEFishy (Post 2678785)
i didnt like the new characters, they seem to be workmates rather then friends. also you cant high-five or go back to back anymore.

yep. I've not yet finished the game, but there's just something missing. The subtle jokes are still there, but it's not as personal. I was quite dismayed when I realized I was not longer going to be playing as Salem and Rios.

Kindred 04-10-2013 04:52 PM

I'm liking it. The xp/points system seems to reward good co-op play more than previous versions. I'm not wild about the cover system, it just doesn't "feel right". Lots of instances where I didn't actually cover in the right spot, or while taking cover I couldn't lean out to shoot...even though i was clearly close enough to the edge.

Dunno, I like it but there's just something a bit "odd feeling". (that and I'm a huge Gears fanboy and it came out a week after GOW Judgement so I'm not spending as much time on it as I normally would.)

nels840 04-11-2013 12:04 AM

The game is kind of flat and short, I played it beat it, and maxed out to lvl 25 (did this in eight hours of play time) and Icant seem to play it again. I agree the game seems flat and is missing something, the new guys dont have the attitude that rios and salem had, the stroy is very predictable but some more weapoins would be nice, more upgrade options, and a mulit player. My biggest conplaint is that the game seems to fade out, was very soild up until the few last missions where it seems like the designers got lazy and cheaped out. It's still a great game and fun but missing tomany things and really seems to lack replay value.