mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Oh I know the af and such but at the end of the day if you're shooting a 7D or 5D3 or 1D series body at the end of the day if you have skill talent and the gear to do what you need to then who cares. Only reason I want to upgrade is for faster burst speed for sports far as I'm concerned I don't need 20+MP to do decent quality large prints whatsoever. Like I said over there just seems like a gear passing contest

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I dislike POTN and DPreview for the reasons you guys have stated. Fredmiranda is a good go to, so is Nikoncafe if you're on the dark side.

It's interesting seeing all the different atmosphere's for the different brands/forums, and how they view other brands.

I'm almost converted 100% to Leica, and those forums are full of older photographers that have mainly been shooting for fun for the past 40 years and know pretty much everything. Meanwhile all the Nikon and Canon forums seem to have a real hate on for Leica users as rich wannabes.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Devil Dog

Send a message via AIM to ballyhoo33 Send a message via MSN to ballyhoo33

I made the potn-pbn comment last week when someone asked about photography sites.

At the end of the day, photography and paintball are very similar: there are far more people ranting and raving about equipment online than actually go out and use it. Good players don't worry about dirt and grime, bumps and bruises on a marker as long as it sending people to hte deadbox. Good photographers don't sit and pixel peep to claim that their highend professional gear trumps any prosumer slr gear.
ballyhoo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sic Itur Ad Astra

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I hear ya Frink never had a hate for Nikon at all. Basically it's a use what your dad used thing. I grew up around him shooting a Canon T70 and when he went digital he went to the Rebel XT which was the top non D series body at the time. I started shooting film on a Pentax ME Super which is still one of my favorite film cameras of all time for various reasons and then when I went digital I went through the P&S first then had a fixed lens Sony DSLR from like early 2001 or 2002 as my first one then it sat because I couldn't do certain things with it and the I got my XTi and never looked back.

I can understand why you'd convert to Leica or something similar though if you're just shooting for the fun of it but have the money to buy top quality stuff. I know personally Leica is a little bit rich for my blood but if I was to drop the whole DSLR or even mirrorless system cameras and go to something rangefinder like I'd probably go to a Fuji X-1 or X-1 Pro.

On the Leica hate I think it's just the fact that even the rich guys on the forums shooting say a 1DX or a Nikon D4 still couldn't afford a Leica M9 or even one of 35mm Leicas that in terms of IQ will make the 1DX owners cry into their hotshoes.

I'm just glad CJ chimed in and gave me the website for Dave Trattles looking at his work really makes a strong case for the XTi still being a capable camera heck he makes a living shooting one.

you're also completely right Ballyhoo. I don't care what gun I use as long as it shoots straight at 280-300 (field limits of course) and sends the opposing players to the deadbox and I can do that just as efficiently with a $140 GOG eNMEy as with my fully CCM'd reflex sniper (which I suppose you could compare to a 5D MK III or something of that ilk it's a high end pump gun) and same with my camera I don't need to pixel peep. Only real things I have to do in PP is remove noise up the vibrance (since I shoot RAW) and maybe adjust some colors or WB get creative with a crop and filter or 2 and I put out what I would consider better than hobby grade images consistently.

Feedback +34/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
My downsizing/cleaning house sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.

Last edited by Falcon16; 04-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Falcon16 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in