mcarterbrown.com

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Brass N Wood Fan
black with a light gold or silver flake would look good, if you do any green striping the silver would probably look better
Old 04-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
I've moved fully to the interior. I pulled the A/C, the passenger side wiring and everything else attached to the passenger side firewall, and the rear quarter trim. Forgot to get pictures today, but I'll have some tomorrow.

The insulation/sound deadening they use it pretty heavy. It's a good thing I'm stripping it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
I think pewter / champagne colors always look awesome on 944s.
It already is. It's the second car I've owned that color. I abhor it with the depths of my soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomillio View Post
Also, for the love of anything sacred, I hope you aren't planning on putting on wheels like the rendering. hahaha
I might. I haven't decided on that, either. It will depend a great deal on the available widths and offsets I can find. They'll definitely be black, whatever I end up with, but no silver ring, that's silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
black with a light gold or silver flake would look good, if you do any green striping the silver would probably look better
I'm not feeling the flake. Personally I think flake is a bit tacky, but to each his own. The silver's not a bad idea, though.

I do think I've made up my mind on the red and black, though. Probably a darker red, though.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
I'm not feeling the flake. Personally I think flake is a bit tacky, but to each his own.
Do not in any way shape or form put flake on this car. Flake looks so tacky on a vehicle. I'm liking the red and black scheme. You could always contrast the textures of the paint, do a deep high gloss red and a flat or satin finish black. I saw a satin black Corvette going around here last summer and it looked amazing!
eBay
username: bacreman, 100+, 100% positive
Tdotballers.com
http://www.tdotballers.com/forums/in...&#entry1062159
Mcarterbrown.com Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
Do not in any way shape or form put flake on this car. Flake looks so tacky on a vehicle. I'm liking the red and black scheme. You could always contrast the textures of the paint, do a deep high gloss red and a flat or satin finish black. I saw a satin black Corvette going around here last summer and it looked amazing!
I was actually thinking of doing exactly that. I don't like flat black on an entire car but during the "trim" pieces that way I think would look good. I'm definitely going with a deeper red than the stock Porsche color.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
Lots more accomplished! The interior is completely stripped. I'm working on cleaning all the crap off the floor at the moment. I should get some more time in on it tomorrow morning and hopefully finish the floors tomorrow evening.

Removed the dash and everything under it along with a lot of interior trim on this day:

Got the rest of the interior out on Sunday along with the mirrors, door handles, door trim, and everything inside the doors:

Throughout the rest of this week I've been cleaning the sound deadening, glue, and other gunk from the floor boards and interior:

All the tar and crap I pulled off the floor in one night:
Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
RTP Fan
Lots of work done there.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI...ab=AllFeedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascolator View Post
DashHopes has a nelspot that has internals that were polished by Chuck Norris, using only his beard to polish them.
That nelspot never needs lube, shoots 2,000 ball per second, never needs reloaded, doesn't require an air source and when the paintball hits somebody the result is the same as if Chuck Norris round house kicked them.
He nick named the gun Reggie.
DashHopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Straight 6 DID Bust!

The 944 is my favorite looking Porsche. Nice project you've got going.

Are you planning on racing with it, or just as a fun car? A guy around here has a 928 with an ls3 in it. Mean little car.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
I'll likely take it to the track every now and again but it's primarily a fun car.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
A Pirate's Life for Me

CCM Fan
Haven't worked on it for almost a week. Been out of town for my son's birthday and visiting family. Fun times!

Last thing I did was finish getting the floors cleaned up and removed the fenders. Also discovered my first bit of rust which will be easily taken care of.

Floor in progress but nearly there:

Fenders off:

First bit of rust. The paint just flaked right off and it was still wet (car has been garaged for months):

My new fenders and front bumper arrived at my office today so they're awaiting my return to CA. This is what I got: https://www.gt-racing.com/products-p...-front-bumper/
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Nice little splitter built into that front end, it's going to look good, bud!

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in