mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   Help Me Pick a New Video Game (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/231674-help-me-pick-new-video-game.html)

Murf425 04-18-2013 07:54 PM

Help Me Pick a New Video Game

I've beaten the games I have, so I need something new to play. The only one I have that I haven't finished is Crysis 2, and I think it'll become apparent in a few minutes why I'm tired of it. So I need a new game for the 360 that fits the following criteria.

What I like in a game:
- 1st or 3rd person shooter (including flight sims)
- Really cool graphics
- Neat cinematic "WOAH!" moments (like what COD does so well)
- Lack of strategy, sneaking, having to make weapons, etc.
- The ability to just hold down the trigger, shoot anything that moves, and laugh maniacally while I do it.
- A worthwhile (at least) single player campaign. I don't play online, so off has to be fun.
- A year or so old so I can get it dirt cheap.

What I do NOT like in a game:
- Magic, sorcery, "nanomachines"...basically if you have "powers" (like in Bioshock), I'm out. I just want guns, rocket launchers, futuristic laser guns, stuff like that.
- Being responsible for multiple characters. I like to lone wolf it. I don't want to have to control a squad or anything like that.
- Never having enough ammo (Crysis 2)
- Enemies taking WAY too long to kill (Crysis 2)
- Scary ****. I admit it, I'm a big puss and don't want to crap myself (probably why, along with the making weapons thing, I haven't tried Dead Space yet)

I want to wade into hoardes of enemies, guns blazing, not having to worry running out of ammo, my gun breaking down, etc. Just a simple, mindless, good graphics, run and gun shoot em up.

Games I have that I enjoyed (for reference):
- 007: Bloodstone
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- all CODs
- Fallout 3
- Red Dead Redemption

So...got any ideas?

Rancid1845 04-18-2013 08:04 PM

Warframe. Its in open Beta, its free.

Controls are like boarderlands 2, fps/melee. Lots of fun.

martix_agent 04-18-2013 08:05 PM

I'm going to recommend one of the older army of two games, but only if you have somebody to play them with. The AI is terrible when controlling the second player.

philosophia 04-18-2013 08:06 PM

Just Cause 2? The premise of the game is to blow up everything (more or less).

-=ArchAngel=- 04-18-2013 08:08 PM

gears of war imo is pretty darn good for campaign. Not a lot of strategy, just shoot em up.

Patar 04-18-2013 08:08 PM

I'm gunna give warframe a try as well.

I'm gunna recommend the new Bioshock Infinite, I watched my friend play and it's BEAUTIFUL. There is some "magic" abilities, idk much about them though. the scenery distracts me from that crap.

Far Cry 3 is a good game, and on May 1st, they're releasing a separate DLC-esque (but does not need far cry 3 to play) game called Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for $15. It's supposed to be a spoof of like corny over the top '80s action movies/video games. Neon colors, retardedly macho characters, "futuristic" laser stuff. You know. Look up some sneak peeks on youtube! But the core Far Cry 3 is very fun, I don't play too strategically except for sniping people occasionally, and if you like to go in guns-blazing...they send more enemies at you :p It's pretty awesome.

tomdabmb 04-18-2013 08:10 PM

Battlefield 3?

martix_agent 04-18-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patar (Post 2687618)
I'm gunna recommend the new Bioshock Infinite, I watched my friend play and it's BEAUTIFUL. There is some "magic" abilities, idk much about them though. the scenery distracts me from that crap.

And apparently it has a story line that's freaking awesome, and it's not been marketed towards for it.

fullofpaint 04-18-2013 08:48 PM

Have you played Borderlands? You've pretty much described it to a T haha.

Far Cry for sure

Just Cause 2 is RIDICULOUSLY fun and dirt cheap too.

Saints Row 3 was surprisingly not bad, a really silly takeoff of the GTA formula. Also really cheap because of THQ going out.

If you hadn't mentioned powers, I'd say Deus Ex, yea it's stealthy, but you can play it as a straight up shooter if you want to as well. For the boss fights it actually works out better if you do.

Have you tried Infamous? Not technically a shooter but pretty close. If you're a PSN Plus subscriber the 2nd game's free.

Spec Ops: The Line was pretty good, if you can get it cheap. The storyline is one of the better ones in recent military shooters imo.

tlane77 04-18-2013 08:51 PM

I just picked up the Bioshock 1&2 set with hopes of getting Infinite. $30 for two games new.

Also Hitman series of Assassins Creed.

Edit: I fully read your wants in a game. Neither of these fit.