mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 04-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I hate comcast

Why doesn't anything ****ing work. ever? i even went as far as to research the solution they need to implement and they still cant ****ing wrap their 60 IQ brains around what im telling them. "well everything looks O.K. on our end... huh." no ****ing ****, i heard that 12 times already. I'm telling you (mind you very politely) that its isnt. Sorry had to let my true feelings out somewhere because no matter what, its not ok to scream at someone for "doing their job" even if you want to or they need to get a different job.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
boo
Banned

Spent 2 hours on the phone with them 2 weeks ago after some **** fat fingered my modem off my account. I new exactly what the problem was because in the modem log file it stated that the ISP didn't recognize my modem's mac ID. Got transferred around a bunch of times, then some know it all decided to argue with me that this wasn't the issue and insisted they send someone out to the house.

I've been intentionally blowing them off for 2 weeks every time they show up because, low and behold, I was right, and somehow magically my modem was added back to my account the next day. Funny thing was as soon as it happened it took me to the welcome new subscriber screen and automatically initialized my "new hardware". You want to make me wait in your stupid 5 hour window for your own stupidity? **** you, you can waste gas by repeatedly sending people out when I won't be home. I even saw the guy that i'm sure they dispatched because he was at the same donut shop I was at when I stepped out of the house to blow off that appointment lol.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

at&t for here.

connection drops sometimes at night. tv too sometimes even during the day. a dvr has been on the fritz ever since it arrived as well. the phone guy said she scheduled for a tech to show up, never did, called again and turns out there's no record of the schedule at all. ended up getting transferred to their "experts," who turned out really to be an expert that really sounds like an american i.t. geek and actually got the **** finally sorted out for us. new dvr and all.

so at&t isn't a lot better, but at least they have 1 competent person on the phone.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oldbie

Since we're bitching about Comcast, I know they intentionally throttle download speeds on some high bandwidth sites like Youtube. Tonight I noticed that while uploading a video to Facebook I was unable to even load other pages until it finished.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
Since we're bitching about Comcast, I know they intentionally throttle download speeds on some high bandwidth sites like Youtube. Tonight I noticed that while uploading a video to Facebook I was unable to even load other pages until it finished.
ironically you can look up videos on youtube of how to bypass youtube being throttled by your isp...
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oldbie

Yeah I already had an exception in place for that, wasn't expecting it on the upload.

FYBIPPB

HyperU2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Have been using Comcast since I can remember having "cable"(20 some odd years multiple states and location moves). Have occasionally had a box issue(from just stopped working (one of the old brown boxes) to losing all the DVR due to overheating), line issues (both internal and external), occasional service issues and they did once send me a "broken" modem but overall compared to my "friends" complaints I have enjoyed screw up free service (knock knock).

Some people are just unlucky I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
I translated this as: Scenario games are popular with overshooting douchebags raging on cocaine and steroid cocktails while roasting puppies and punching babies. Stay home unless you enjoy impromptu fistfights.
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have 3 choices here... Comcast for cheap, Verizon for twice the cost and half the speed, and Dish for laughs.

I'm at my wits end with Comcast too.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I told comcast to suck it and switched to frontier DSL. I had constant disconnections for no reason, and finally got sick of them slowly raising the price. After I got rid of them they came back with a crazy low price. I told them there's no price that would make me return to them.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Man, maybe I need to quit bitching about Optimum so much. I might get some lag here and there while gaming (especially if someone in the house starts streaming video) but I don't have half the issues you guys are describing...
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in