mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

holy crap Robotech RPG on kickstarter 2hrs to go!!!!!!!

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!! Robotech® RPG Tactics

Sorry for the late add only just found out about this.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

i will never get to fly an sv-51 in a flight sim game
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sly Fox Cyndicate

Send a message via AIM to criticalhammer

Fan of EMR
YES!!!!

I have the Palladium first edition core books that my oldest brother and I collected from back in the day.
A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous, and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling. — Discourses on Galactic Leadership

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

R.I.P Bill Hicks
criticalhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

I was worried I needed to jump in and throw some money at it... but with 18 minutes to go, their goal of $70,000 was overtopped by $1.4mil in pledges.

And I really don't need another tabletop wargame to drain my money. Awesome, yes, cool, yes, but for me? Not so much. I'm with you, Heinous, where's the updated, full on sim games?

EDIT: How could I forget about this one? On Steam (and on sale until the 27th), Strike Suit Zero. About as close as I can find for the moment.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback

Last edited by usagi_tetsu; 05-20-2013 at 10:46 PM.
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

So I dropped 140 dollars on this. I could have gotten a 130 dollar SP-1 because I am getting back into paintball and need a marker but for all the things I was getting for the money I think I got more for my buck with the game. I can't wait until it arrives and I can start playing campaigns at my local game and comic book stores.
MonkeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post
I was worried I needed to jump in and throw some money at it... but with 18 minutes to go, their goal of $70,000 was overtopped by $1.4mil in pledges.

And I really don't need another tabletop wargame to drain my money. Awesome, yes, cool, yes, but for me? Not so much. I'm with you, Heinous, where's the updated, full on sim games?

EDIT: How could I forget about this one? On Steam (and on sale until the 27th), Strike Suit Zero. About as close as I can find for the moment.
but it's there is no pvp. ace online is the next best thing, and it's a horribly made korean wannabe, doesn't even transform.

moon breakers has awesome dogfights.

Last edited by heinous; 05-20-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Cool, this looks to be a Warhammer40K with Robotech. I might get into this...
No Mercy Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
idiots spring eternal

Looks like it got its funding quota. I wonder how this scales with BattleTech figs, as a lot of the base BT designs from the 3025 book are just ripoffs from the original Robotech cartoon.

Not that I've played BT in the last decade. *sigh* Some hobbies just never leave your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
but it's there is no pvp. ace online is the next best thing, and it's a horribly made korean wannabe, doesn't even transform.

moon breakers has awesome dogfights.
Not everyone needs PvP, and until someone comes out with something better, SS0 looks about the best bet. Though I admit I'd never heard of Ace Online, and it does look intriguing (okay, merely pretty, but you gotta have something).

Moon Breakers... oh yeah, that was the Pay to Win freebie everyone on here played for about a month and then dropped when it got too expensive to be able to compete.

I can't dumb it down to your level because I'm scared of heights.

A shark is an animal that dies if it stops moving.

My feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi_tetsu View Post

Not everyone needs PvP, and until someone comes out with something better, SS0 looks about the best bet. Though I admit I'd never heard of Ace Online, and it does look intriguing (okay, merely pretty, but you gotta have something).

Moon Breakers... oh yeah, that was the Pay to Win freebie everyone on here played for about a month and then dropped when it got too expensive to be able to compete.
actually i'll settle with even ace combat with a veritech in it.

and ace online (aka air rivals, aka space cowboys, the had many name brand licencing issues) is so... unpolished. it's strange that your plane gets buffs like a wow character does too. on the other hand, once you leveled up to a respectable degree, the dogfights go really, really ****ing fast.

moon breakers tried to balance out pay to win with free trials. every week gets a plane of the week to try. it worked fine for me. then they stopped, so i stopped playing. if only they follow hawken and have the stock planes be competable. it's still not too late for the game devs to to buff them.

Last edited by heinous; 05-21-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Pretty cool. I played the Xbox game a few times.

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in