mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 AM   #61 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

I always stood by my XB360 for gaming. My brother is a hard PC gamer and i love PC's i just had my 360 and it worked perfect for my gaming needs.
I was also stoked to hear about the "New" XB from MS. But now upon reading your comments, I am left speechless.
The whole idea of one DL per disk, WTF is that about? I know they want to make more money but GTFOH. My friends and I would always be like "Hey you tired this game yet?" "No let me borrow it" "That was fun, ill snag a copy!"
You think Im gonna just keep dropping $60 + bucks on a game then every 2 weeks you release new DLC @ 9.99+ a pop.....good luck.
Gonna be a bunch of little kids on their parents $ yelling on COD anyways......Hell with that. I got rid of my XB360 and have only been getting healtier and out with my kids more anyways.

Im sure there will be some cool things as with any new tech, as im sure if i bought one i would be stoked opening up the box for the first time......but from what i see here?
Ill toss my money at a new DSLR Lens or a new Hero3 and get outside
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The problem is... Where is elsewhere? Seems like everyone is starting to do this crap. Sony, Microsoft, even Blizzard and EA on the PC platform are doing it. Where else do you go for the types of games you like when all of the manufacturers/developers are trying to cram this stuff down your throat?
I'll probably be looking to indie devs and Nintendo. Haven't heard if Nintendo is going the same route, but at least they still make a dedicated gaming console. Plus I do like the Wii, I just don't use it as much. Perhaps I'll fire it up tonight.

Last edited by glaman5266; 05-23-2013 at 04:52 AM.
glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #63 (permalink)
G.O.A.T

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaman5266 View Post
Plus I do like the Wii, I just don't use it as much. Perhaps I'll fire it up tonight.
Exactly - I have a Wii and not untill my XB360 was gone did i play my Wii again. I think instead of looking into the XB1 and PS4 i might have to look more into the WiiU or just snaggin up a couple "Classic" Controllers for the Wii.

Plus when I bought the Wii it came with Wii Sports! Nothing fancy but you litterally did not have to buy a game and be entertained with the Wii @ first play. And the Wii could play Game cube games.....and had an SD slot
madasax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:12 AM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madasax View Post
Exactly - I have a Wii and not untill my XB360 was gone did i play my Wii again. I think instead of looking into the XB1 and PS4 i might have to look more into the WiiU or just snaggin up a couple "Classic" Controllers for the Wii.

Plus when I bought the Wii it came with Wii Sports! Nothing fancy but you litterally did not have to buy a game and be entertained with the Wii @ first play. And the Wii could play Game cube games.....and had an SD slot
anyone with a wii needs to play metroid prime 3.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #65 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

That was a pretty weak presentation for a brand new gaming system.

I remember watching TV back in 2002 or so, and PS2 had just come out,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp9o8d0Uohw

saw that on TV & really wanted a PS2 just to play that. For whatever reason it looked great, I went and bought the ps2 jut for that game. $300 I think I paid for it, plus the $50 for the game.

I played it, 1st level was D-Day, I'm thinking this game is great! Then at the end of the level, they said, "well down johnson, we have a SPECIAL mission for you now"then the game lost it's lust.

My point being, I want to get excited about gaming again, getting older, busier with life and work, I can't remember the last time I had the urge to pick up a controller. I want to see a game that looks so good, I'll drop what I'm doing to go buy the system to play it.

Please donate to make a difference in my fathers life
Willing to be a 3rd party for shipments to Canada anywhere in the world just PM me.
Buy a Celanis Paintball Patch for a good cause
http://stationcaster.com/player_skin...=4751&f=855201 < Radio Ad

Last edited by Titus; 05-23-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Titus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
Theyr'e trying to make it so that the xbox replaced all the other devices on your TV stand.
Might be a little too late, as the newer TVs do it all by themselves.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
If the voice commands and Kinnect 2.0 works as good as it appears, my wife will want it for the house. I intially bought the original XBOX because of Halo. So regardless of second hand charges for used games, internet needed, Kinnect required I'll be getting one alone for FM5, BF4, COD, Borderlands etc.

The backwards compatible portion might be an issue, but who knows what MS will do with the servers. They may convert them for the X1. Then again. Who bought a 360 and played Xbox one games constantly?

I'm just tired of people complaining about "oh they didn't do anything game related!", "Where's the games?", "STFU MS, no games!?!"

It was a CONSOLE reveal, not a game reveal. That's what E3 is for. You'll still have all the tradition Xbox titles (Gears of War, Halo, COD, FM5, etc) plus new ones. Also people complaning, that the X1 doesn't focus on the gamers. Guess what? Its going to play games don't worry. Its practically the same controller but with improvements. The Kinnect will work better due to the second generation.

The console looks big!?!? Who cares? I honestly can't tell you when the last time was that I brought a console over to a friends/relatives/party or whatever. Buy a PSP or Gameboy.

I was impressed with the features of the X1. However I don't have cable because my douchebag cable company over charges. But who knows in the future.

Longstory short: I'm buying one. I have always been a fanboy. I've played the PS3 and Wii consoles but I just prefer MS with its games and service.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #68 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
I was impressed with the features of the X1. However I don't have cable because my douchebag cable company over charges. But who knows in the future.
I'm with you 100% up to this point.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I'm with you 100% up to this point.
Both apartments I've lived in at Fort Benning have had one cable company per zone. Last place I stayed at was $137 a month for 10mb internet, and a little over basic cable.

I swapped to Netflix and Hulu and am pretty happy. I don't watch a crap ton of TV anyway. I do miss Top Gear on BBCA though, but I can always watch it online.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGAmember666 View Post
Both apartments I've lived in at Fort Benning have had one cable company per zone. Last place I stayed at was $137 a month for 10mb internet, and a little over basic cable.

I swapped to Netflix and Hulu and am pretty happy. I don't watch a crap ton of TV anyway. I do miss Top Gear on BBCA though, but I can always watch it online.
Ahhh so you have the net but not TV (before everyone jumps down my throat about how he's posting, I've posted about a quarter of stuff on forums from my phone, and used to post probably probably another quarter from the workplace).

That's no joke either, I'm barely under $100 for basic cable and 25/50 internet due to a 20% discount. My thought was you didn't have a sufficient home internet connection, at which point you would not be able to play any game at all (even single player campaign) because you could not load it without verifying your purchase on LIVE.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in