mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #81 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC View Post
I think the games will be in the cloud and what we will be buying is a key that will allow access to the game. I do like the quick switching between games and TV or any other thing your doing.
But if its going to sell it needs kick *** games. We want a game system not a do everything system.
well if we stop buying those systems just to have kick *** games, they'll be forced to release those kick *** games on the pc which some people already own (as opposed to xbox 1 which no people already own) where you also can quickly switch to hulu for tv too.

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcandy1993 View Post
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #82 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
IMO it was a failed attempt at a presentation, they should've just waited for E3. Ok, cool they showed the actual box while Sony is waiting until E3. They also showed a bunch of cinematic cutscreens and such but avoided some of the bigger questions.

It's not backward compatible with 360 games. That's a bummer but I can get over that. What about older peripherals? What about the rumored requirement for a net connection? Used and second hand games? Really IMO it seemed more like a "look what our publishers are up to" than a press conference for a new console. I was underwhelmed.

I'm intrigued, but as of now I'm still looking at building a new gaming PC for the upcoming BF4 release. So they've got a few months to answer the real questions and convince me to buy a "next gen" console instead. Some of the rumored ideas that they've been dodging when questioned are deal breakers for me.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #83 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
The problem is... Where is elsewhere? Seems like everyone is starting to do this crap. Sony, Microsoft, even Blizzard and EA on the PC platform are doing it. Where else do you go for the types of games you like when all of the manufacturers/developers are trying to cram this stuff down your throat?
EA put out a press release last week saying they're killing their policy of charging for multiplayer/online play codes due to community dissatisfaction on all future games. (I still loathe EA despite this)

Yet, apparently these manufacturers are so greedy they're taking the idea and running with it.

For me it's despicable. I'm already paying for a game even if it is used, I'm also paying to pay online (xbox live). Now you're telling me I have to pay AGAIN to play the game online?

To that I say, kick rocks motherf'er. That kind of nonsense is how you never see my money again.

Co-Captain/ Co-Founder
Team-Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
I'd wipe, play-on and overshoot.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #84 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

i already have a quad core 8gb ram pc. it's hard to justify an 8 core console when the extra 4 cores might not do much and a new video card is like what $300?

pile of poo, HARD MODE, automag pistol---S.P.E.W.II---What if this hurts me?---No, I'M sorry.---Semiautomatic Nelspot 007!---Decay of Nations 4
Camp Pendleton meetup 2010---Watch me fail at pump!---Clareball 2010 vid!---MCB Stock Class Meet!---HELMETCAM!
Quote:
Before the first day Velcor said let there be Heinous and it was true. And then Heinous said "Let there be God" and it was true. And it was good
Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #85 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
EA put out a press release last week saying they're killing their policy of charging for multiplayer/online play codes due to community dissatisfaction on all future games. (I still loathe EA despite this)

Yet, apparently these manufacturers are so greedy they're taking the idea and running with it.

For me it's despicable. I'm already paying for a game even if it is used, I'm also paying to pay online (xbox live). Now you're telling me I have to pay AGAIN to play the game online?

To that I say, kick rocks motherf'er. That kind of nonsense is how you never see my money again.
I too find my self in the camp of disliking EA, do you have a link to the press release? I'm looking at their site and nothing is listed under their official releases. It just seems like such a non EA move. I'm sure there is more to it.

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #86 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboater203 View Post
I too find my self in the camp of disliking EA, do you have a link to the press release? I'm looking at their site and nothing is listed under their official releases. It just seems like such a non EA move. I'm sure there is more to it.
I hadn't heard that either. Is it possible they're only removing it for consoles that prevent used games from being purchased without fees (cough cough Xbox ONE)?

I'm big gamer... Spent my childhood playing games and playing paintball, worked in the gaming industry for quite a while, collected games and consoles to the point that my mancave looks like a library humped an arcade, got certified by both Microsoft and Sony for repair just because I could, and I still go to all the conventions (E3, PAX, NY Comicon, PAX East, etc)... All that said, I'm struggling with the idea of buying an Xbox ONE now, which would make it the only console I don't own.
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #87 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I hadn't heard that either.
you can't find it because searches for electronic arts is flooded with battlefield 4 news.

Electronic Arts discontinues Online Pass, a controversial form of video game DRM | The Verge

Quote:
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #88 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well that's nice to hear... EA still has a lot of ground to make up when it comes to not being perceived by gamers as being, well, I'm having trouble thinking of things to call them that won't result in a temporary vacation.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
no, I'M sorry

what makes you think its future games won't be offline campaign only until you pay for a multiplayer day-one dlc?

Quote:
Old 05-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #90 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks Heinous. My day was just starting to look a little brighter.

...Anyone else predict that you'll be buying each gun for BF4 multiplayer with real cash?

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in