mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-08-2013, 02:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

well it's actually making my room hot at that temperature.

so i went and found the fan settings and switched it off auto. then i manually set it to go 100% speed past 65 degrees. it still gets the room hot, but oh well.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinous View Post
well it's actually making my room hot at that temperature.

so i went and found the fan settings and switched it off auto. then i manually set it to go 100% speed past 65 degrees. it still gets the room hot, but oh well.
You're still dissipating the same amount of thermal energy, you're just doing it so that the actual GPU stays cooler. If you want to get rid if the heat, you'll have to have a solution that pipes the heat outside the room.

No, even a WC loop won't solve that issue.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

i can open a window and the room can cool down quick, so my main concern is really just making the gpu stay cooler.

i slightly turned down the gpu clock and power target. hopefully that'll do something too.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

ambient case temperature is a factor in GPU temp at idle and load, since the card is using the interior air to cool. higher ambient temp, higher temp readings in the card (same goes for CPU etc). the better the case cooling, the closer the internal case temp will be to the ambient temperature of the room. that being said, it should be obvious that the temperature of the room is thus, also a factor in core temps... a warm room means higher case temps and higher core temps. all of this holds true for both air cooling and water cooling, the only way it changes is with phase change and peltier systems (or liquid nitrogen) which are unconventional to say the least.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

my tower lol. it actually has vents on both sides. HP Pavilion p6 p6610f BM417AA Desktop Computer - 1 x Athlon II X4 635 2.9GHz - Quickship.com

coolermaster power supply. COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W ATX 12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

never installed fans before. i've never modified anything besides plug-in upgrades, and the static electricity risk still scares me.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

yeouch. dat case...

static electricity risk is minimal btw... just follow these basic steps:

1- leave power cable plugged in and switch off power.
2- sit down beside the case and touch any part of the metal frame.
3- commence work.
4- if you get up to do something else and come back, touch off before doing more work.

that process will eliminate any risk of static discharge by means of the case grounding, allowing you to handle isolated components in and out of packaging etc etc. most stuff is very resilient to static nowadays anyways.
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

well the asus card is factory overclocked, so i reduced it. now it's slightly overclocked, and i also reduced some graphic settings of metro. didn't notice a difference. good enough for now i guess?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
How about the easy fix and try a new cable.
I have a gtx575 classified hooked up to 2 monitors, my second monitor would CONSTANTLY lose signal off and on again, did it for a month and when i would wiggle the cable near the connector on the monitor it would work. Bought a new cable and monitor #2 works fine now.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in