mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Doesn't work for Avratech

Thumbs up Don't Starve, AKA the most killer survival game yet (except for maybe early DayZ)

Who's playing? Love the game, though I keep dying... made it past day 30 twice now, through the winter... made a stupid mistake the first time and ate it while hunting and didn't have a meat effigy to bring me back to life. Now I'm playing it smart and taking my time while stockpiling jerky and farmed food, and crock-pot cooking perogies! As the title suggests, food is a big element of the game, and how you manage to get it from your surroundings... while also managing your short daylight hours to gather everything else you need to build gear, equipment, better tech, etc. And you have to not die from the nasty critters all around, and most of all, you have to maintain your sanity through various means, since losing that sanity means the game turning against you in various dark and scary ways. Even while sane, something as simple as your camp-fire running out of fuel means certain and painful death!

Highly recommended to any gamers who like a constant challenge and a very unpredictable random generated game world (without being stupidly easy like Minecraft).

Do it up!
ApoC_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cannon fodder

Fan of EMR
I've been playing, although I haven't made it past more than a few days. Unlocking Bruno definitely helped but I've had the nasty luck of running into Forest Guardians at the worst time. Great game but I wish they explained more. For example, pressing spacebar makes your character automatically harvest/attack the closest thing which saves you from constantly clicking.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I like the teach yourself aspect, minecraft was essentially the same and it worked very well. The learning how to get it done and then do it better is one of the best parts

I also think it's great how much stuff is being added to the game each update currently, keeps things changing on you. I started playing just after caves were added, now a bunch more stuff has been added to caves and I'm forced to check it out... Much tougher than topside.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Intersting, love the art.

>>> Link to prototype Dust Devil<<<

DT1 Dust Devil want list. Click me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neftaly View Post
New advertising tagline: "Simon Stevens said that will be totally fine and nothing bad could ever happen. Ever."
Feedback
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
It was fun for about a couple of hours then repetitive and boring

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Did you at least try adventure mode? It's pretty awsome so far, puts your skills to the test. Starting with winter survival. Surviving underground is pretty crazy too.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Semper Fi

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Haven't played in a while. Picked it up on sale I'll give it another shot

ANGELS FOR LIFE!!!
gainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCBs armed pacifist

I downloaded it and have really enjoyed it. That being said I have not been the best at learning on the fly and may cheat by looking at the wikis some.
"Do not overcome by the evil, but overcome, in the good, the evil" - Romans 12:21 - Young's Literal Translation

"Use peaceful means where they are appropriate; but where they are not appropriate, do not hesitate to resort to more forceful - Thupten Gyatso (the Dalai Lama, 1932)

"It is not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters" Coach Paul 'Bear' Bryant.

"The ink of scholars is more precious than the blood of martyrs" - Muhammed
Lohman446 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in