mcarterbrown.com  

Plugged in Online Gaming, and Technology

Old 06-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Damn, i'm loving this game, I thought the brain spore idea would freak me out, but so far it's not getting to me too bad.

I do have a bit of a gripe with the shooting still, it's like trying to aim a rifle while holding it over your shoulder like a bazooka, annoying as hell at times. Enemies will flank you, love the hostage taking and how enemies react, i've gotten some enemies that will pretty much stand down and stop aiming their gun at you when you take a hostage and some that will just headshot the hostage to get to you.

Will say the clickers at time can get insanely annoying, they're not all equal, some seem to hear me a mile away and some I can crouch walk right in front of and they dont seem to care. Some will go into the mele animation 10 feet away and kill you
(Isn't exactly a spoiler, but clickers are insta kill if they catch you, can only be killed with a shiv when you sneak up on them, you cant strangle them and cannot fist fight them, have to have a weapon, which can be annoying since most weapons can only handle 4-7 hits to an enemy. It's a love hate thing, specially when suddenly you HAVE to kill 4 or 5 of them, only to find out you have nearly no ammo left and like 2 swings with your mele weapon.)

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Yeah I used the supliments to get the shiv master ability that lets you shiv them off you if they grab you. That's a very handy ability to have. An easy way I dealt with clickers was to get a Molotov and throw a brick or bottle to a location. When they all run and gather at that spot, toss a Molotov and roast em. Since clickers can't see, others in the area will run to the sounds of the first group burning and catch themselves on fire too.

Once you get the bow, an arrow to the neck kills them in one shot, but that's hard to do given their erratic movements.
Feedback thread: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Yeah I used the supliments to get the shiv master ability that lets you shiv them off you if they grab you.
That's the first thing i'm going to use my supplments on, though it took me a while to get the amount, meaning you still have to deal with clickers for a while first, I finally have the amount needed but don't want to waste it just yet since i've pretty much have them figured out.

And omg yes, i've done the molotov thing quite a few times, it's funny as hell when it's a large group even if they're too spread out, you don't even need a bottle, just get one burning and when it screams everything else comes to investigate and casually walk right into the fire

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
Yeah you don't need the initial bottle, but they only burn for a bit and the first bottle gets em close so you don't miss any if it burns out before they show up.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

AKA Fan
Great game! Still playing, but Im loving it! Multiplayer is fun too, albeit difficult! The story is incredible so far, and actually kinda draining. The fact you have to scavenege everything kinda adds a great vibe to the game.
Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bow
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
So Frankie finished his Playthrough and I found the game fantastic. I found the ending great although kind of strange. Every day for the last week I would check YouTube waiting for the next part.

Perhaps they left enough of it open for a #2?
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #17 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Game is still a blast, though SOMETIMES it can be predictible due to me suddenly finding 10 rounds of shotgun ammo and a bunch of pistol ammo scattered in a specific area, then stumbling on a boss.

My problem is, at that time my ammo is full, end up finding the boss/large group of enemies, end up wasting half my ammo just to get away and forget to collect the extra ammo, then finally hit a spot where i'm low on ammo with a ton of enemies.

Case in point, there's a point where you boost the kids through a window and are left to fight a small army of clickers and runners, and I'm starting out with 3 revolver shots, 4 shotgun shells and 2 rifle rounds. FML i'm stuck, I have to rethink this spot a bit.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
is my hero

Palmers Fan
You in the sewer? If so do you have any molotovs or blade bombs or can you craft any? I used a couple of those to get the initial wave and used my upgraded melee weapon a lot. That part is hard though and yeah, I ran out of almost everything.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
You in the sewer? If so do you have any molotovs or blade bombs or can you craft any? I used a couple of those to get the initial wave and used my upgraded melee weapon a lot. That part is hard though and yeah, I ran out of almost everything.
Yea, that's the part i'm on, my problem is the waves are never "predictable" I might get 5 runners come in then followed by 3 clickers. At the moment I have 2 bombs including the one on the table and 1 molotov. It always seems to be enough to get rid of the first bunch or two, problem is if just one gets past i'm screwed. It's one of those areas I REALLY need a shotgun but am very low on ammo. Either way i only died like 4 times on it yesterday, haven't had a chance to back up and assess what's going on a bit better.

I'll get ready to catch the runners first with the blade bomb only to have 2 clickers charge in first instead followed by a load of runners. Oh and then try to set traps, only to find the blade bombs are too close together and detonate them all.

Though yesterday I laughed pretty hard at one of my deaths, normally you can hold someone hostage for a good 10-15 seconds before they try to struggle free. Well I held a guy hostage with another one down the hallway, waited for the further away guy to pop out and figured he ran off. Well I go to shoot the first guy and just hear a *click* from my gun and notice I'm out of ammo which the guy yells "he's out of f***ing ammo!" and then struggles free, this all being mabey 5 seconds after I catch him. Then proceed to get punched by him and blasted by the guy down the hall.

Last edited by JLuke; 06-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Son of War

Finished. It. Was. Awesome.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » General » Off-Topic » Plugged in