mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Plugged in (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/)
-   -   The Last of Us (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/plugged/235821-last-us.html)

Manning 06-18-2013 03:11 AM

The Last of Us

Just finished it tonight and I highly recommend it. The voice acting is top notch and the story is very well written. Naughty Dog delivers on this one like they have with the Uncharted series and it's definitely one of those games that will stick with you.

Anyone else playing it?

heinous 06-18-2013 04:04 AM

i can't justfiy $60 for a new game anymore, maybe i'm spoiled by steam, but i'm definitely planning on buying it once the price goes down. my ps3 has just been collecting dust, i get this itch to want to make purchasing it worthwhile and this game can scratch it later.

Donut SD 06-18-2013 08:02 AM

Not finished yet, but I'm loving it.

fullofpaint 06-18-2013 08:29 AM

My ONLY gripe with it is I HATE Naughty Dog's shooting, hated it in Uncharted and in this one. NOt sure what it is that I don't like but it's my one complaint about all of their games.

Manning 06-18-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullofpaint (Post 2736638)
My ONLY gripe with it is I HATE Naughty Dog's shooting, hated it in Uncharted and in this one. NOt sure what it is that I don't like but it's my one complaint about all of their games.

I agree 100%. I play shooters mostly but I find the gunplay difficult with ND games. I used the supliments to reduce weapon sway which helped a lot. Before that it was almost like he jerked away when I pulled the trigger.

JLuke 06-18-2013 12:30 PM

I badly want to get this game, but my problem is, anythig having to do with creatures burrowing into your brain, whether it's a bug or fungus is my top fear, I'd have nightmares for weeks lol.

Also I heard the multi player is pretty cool, it's not all just the normal run around and shoot the player of oppsite color as you type of game.

Donut SD 06-18-2013 12:56 PM

JLuke, that tingly feeling I get when I imagine that end makes me want to fight even more. Survive!

Bow 06-18-2013 03:36 PM

Ive been watching the Frankie playthrough on Youtube. Man, I remember in another thread someone was talking about how its been a Very Very long time since he wanted to play a game so much that he considered buying the console. This game would be that, for me. I might have to call up a buddy of mine and convince him to loan me his PS3 for a couple of days.

Manning 06-18-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bow (Post 2737002)
Ive been watching the Frankie playthrough on Youtube. Man, I remember in another thread someone was talking about how its been a Very Very long time since he wanted to play a game so much that he considered buying the console. This game would be that, for me. I might have to call up a buddy of mine and convince him to loan me his PS3 for a couple of days.

I bought a used ps3 for Uncharted and this game once I heard about it a few months back. It's been worth it.

Duybuin 06-18-2013 08:08 PM

The Last of Us was a great game. I didn't even play it, I watched the whole game through walk throughs. Usually I would just watch cut scenes but the the story is so well placed in small bits here and there during game play that I watched every minute of it. Everything here was done excellently except for maybe the combat. It seemed a bit repetitive at times but not too much.Story was great and the music set the mood for the whole game.POSSIBLE SPOILER !!!Also I agree with Joel's choice